How do I configure Tera Term 4.60 for Serial Communication?
How do I configure Tera Term 4.60 for serial communication?
Install Teraterm 4.60.zip (Save file to desktop and install)
- Start Tera Term program and select the radio button labeled "Serial".
- Select the COM port from the drop down menu for the device you are going to connect to, then click "OK".
- Click on "Setup" from the menu bar and select "Serial Port" from the drop down window.
- In the Serial Port Setup menu, set up the protocols as follows:
- Baud Rate: 115200
- Data: 8 Bit
- Parity: None
- Stop: 1 Bit
- Flow Control: None
- Transmit Delay settings will stay at 0's
- If connecting to a Data Distributor, the terminal window size will need to be adjusted to get the returned information to fit on one line rather the wrapping to the next line. Follow the instructions below.
- Select "Setup" from the menu bar and then select the "Terminal".
- Set "Terminal size" to 60 X 132.
- Set "Terminal ID:" to VT100.
- Tera Term should be properly configured for serial communication.
KB ID: DD2284148
DISCLAIMER: Use of this content may void the equipment warranty, please read the disclaimer prior to performing any service of the equipment.
DAKTRONICS DOES NOT PROMISE THAT THE CONTENT PROVIDED HEREIN IS ERROR-FREE OR THAT ANY DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT WILL PROVIDE SPECIFIC RESULTS. THE CONTENT IS DELIVERED ON AN "AS-IS" AND "AS-AVAILABLE" BASIS. ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS ARTICLE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR THE ACTS, OMISSIONS AND CONDUCT OF YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES IN CONNECTION WITH OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT. ADJUSTMENT, REPAIR, OR SERVICE OF THE EQUIPMENT BY ANYONE OTHER THAN DAKTRONICS OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPAIR AGENTS MAY VOID THE EQUIPMENT WARRANTY. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT AND ANY LINKED CONTENT. YOUR SOLE REMEDY AGAINST DAKTRONICS FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE CONTENT IS TO STOP USING THE CONTENT. THIS LIMITATION OF RELIEF IS A PART OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES.
The above disclaimer applies to any property damage, equipment failure, liability, infringement, or personal injury claim arising out of or in any way related to your use or application of the content, whether such claim is for breach of contract, tort, negligence or any other cause of action.