Content Studio: How do I install additional fonts?
- How to add additional fonts in Content Studio?
- Can I add new fonts into my control equipment?
- Product: Custom Fonts
- Component: DMP-8000, DMP-7000
- Control System: Venus 1500 V4, Venus 7000, Show Control System (SCS), Content Studio
- For Show Control (Display Studio/Content Studio) computers, copy the downloaded font to a convenient location, then right click and select "Install for all users."
- Install the font on any players (DMP 8000, Venus 7000, etc.) being used. For DMP-8000 machines, you'll follow the same steps as Show Control: copy the downloaded font to a convenient location, then right click and select "Install for all users." For Venus 7000, save downloaded font into C:/Windows/Fonts on DMP-7000 machines.
- Reboot computers.
- Open the editing software being used (ie - Content Studio) and browse for the desired font to use.
- The font must be loaded on both the Display Studio / Content Studio user station(s) and the Digital Media Player machine(s).
- Some custom fonts can be imported into the software whereas others cannot. If a font does not appear in Content Studio, it could be corrupt or unsupported. If it appears to have installed in Windows, reference Font installs but not recognized by Content Studio for a potential resolution.
- Be sure you are on Show Control version 26+ if you are experiencing difficult with some font style variants appearing in Content Studio and not others. (i.e. the bold version is showing but the condensed version is not).
For more information on loading fonts, refer to the following:
- For Windows XP systems, refer to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/314960/how-to-install-or-remove-a-font-in-windows.
- For Windows Vista systems, refer to http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Install-or-uninstall-fonts.
- For Windows 7 systems, refer to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/314960/how-to-install-or-remove-a-font-in-windows.
- For Widows 10 systems, refer to https://www.intowindows.com/how-to-install-new-fonts-in-windows-10/
Be sure to "install for all users".
- Note: Please ensure that you have any required permissions and all necessary licenses to use any fonts that you will be adding.
- A restricted font will not be usable. See: "This font is not permissioned for use." error, Font embeddability Restricted
Daktronics Show Control System Media File Recommendations, DD2175346 lists the True Type Fonts that have been qualified and are pre-loaded on each system.
KB ID: DD2128307
DISCLAIMER: Use of this content may void the equipment warranty, please read the disclaimer prior to performing any service of the equipment.
DAKTRONICS DOES NOT PROMISE THAT THE CONTENT PROVIDED HEREIN IS ERROR-FREE OR THAT ANY DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT WILL PROVIDE SPECIFIC RESULTS. THE CONTENT IS DELIVERED ON AN "AS-IS" AND "AS-AVAILABLE" BASIS. ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS ARTICLE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR THE ACTS, OMISSIONS AND CONDUCT OF YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES IN CONNECTION WITH OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT. ADJUSTMENT, REPAIR, OR SERVICE OF THE EQUIPMENT BY ANYONE OTHER THAN DAKTRONICS OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPAIR AGENTS MAY VOID THE EQUIPMENT WARRANTY. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT AND ANY LINKED CONTENT. YOUR SOLE REMEDY AGAINST DAKTRONICS FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE CONTENT IS TO STOP USING THE CONTENT. THIS LIMITATION OF RELIEF IS A PART OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES.
The above disclaimer applies to any property damage, equipment failure, liability, infringement, or personal injury claim arising out of or in any way related to your use or application of the content, whether such claim is for breach of contract, tort, negligence or any other cause of action.