LEDs are out on Gas Price, Time & Temp, or DataMaster display; LED failure
- Individual LEDs are out on digit.
- Rows or partial rows of LEDs are out on individual segments.
- Swapping the digit with another digit and the problem moves with the digit.
- Individual random LED's are dim throughout digit.
- Digit is flickering.
- Product Family: Digit and Price Displays
- FL-3000, FL-4500, FL-2000, FL-2100, FL-2109, FL-2300, FL-4000, DF-1020, DF-2000, DF-2009, DF-2100, DF-2109, DF-2300, DF-4000
- Gas Price or Petroleum Price Display, FL or DF digit product
- DF-1010, DF-1011, DF-1012
- Time and Temperature Displays
- DF-1020, DF-1030, DF-1040, DF-1060, DF-1071, DF-1076, DF-1079
- Gas Price, Rate Display, Lottery Display, Event Counter Display
- Component: LED digit, segment, colon, indicator, decimal point
- Control System:
- LED failure on the digit or segment.
- Replace digit or segment that has LED outage.
- LED displays have a current expected lifetime of 100,000 hours (about 10 years), after which they will be half as bright as when the display shipped. This is not a failure of the display but rather the natural properties of an LED.
- Replacement of multiple digits or segments within the same display may be desired, as the brightness level of one or two replacement digits may give the display an uneven look.
KB ID: DD2014509
DISCLAIMER: Use of this content may void the equipment warranty, please read the disclaimer prior to performing any service of the equipment.
DAKTRONICS DOES NOT PROMISE THAT THE CONTENT PROVIDED HEREIN IS ERROR-FREE OR THAT ANY DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT WILL PROVIDE SPECIFIC RESULTS. THE CONTENT IS DELIVERED ON AN "AS-IS" AND "AS-AVAILABLE" BASIS. ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS ARTICLE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR THE ACTS, OMISSIONS AND CONDUCT OF YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES IN CONNECTION WITH OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT. ADJUSTMENT, REPAIR, OR SERVICE OF THE EQUIPMENT BY ANYONE OTHER THAN DAKTRONICS OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPAIR AGENTS MAY VOID THE EQUIPMENT WARRANTY. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT AND ANY LINKED CONTENT. YOUR SOLE REMEDY AGAINST DAKTRONICS FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE CONTENT IS TO STOP USING THE CONTENT. THIS LIMITATION OF RELIEF IS A PART OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES.
The above disclaimer applies to any property damage, equipment failure, liability, infringement, or personal injury claim arising out of or in any way related to your use or application of the content, whether such claim is for breach of contract, tort, negligence or any other cause of action.