No communication to display, POE not hooked up
- No link light on Ethernet Port.
- No communication through the radios.
- Cable unplugged error in Network Connections.
- Server radio has no LED's lit.
- PoE LED is not lit up.
Venus 1500 specific symptoms:
- Venus 1500 v4 alerts showing "The display's address could not be resolved."
Venus Control Suite symptoms:
- Communication Error on dashboard.
- Product Family: Message Displays
- Product: GS6 , GP4, Galaxy, GalaxyPro
- Component: Ethernet Bridge Radios (EBR)
- Control System: Venus Control Suite (VCS), Venus 1500 v4
- Power Over Ethernet (PoE) Injector is not hooked up.
- Place POE between radio and computer/network.
- If the PoE is missing, see No communication to display, PoE is missing (DD3766915).
- If controlling the display with VCS, the cable going into this jack should be connected to internet providing network equipment (ex. modem, router, network switch).
- Some models will have this jack labelled with "DATA+PoE OUT".
KB ID: DD1999045
DISCLAIMER: Use of this content may void the equipment warranty, please read the disclaimer prior to performing any service of the equipment.
DAKTRONICS DOES NOT PROMISE THAT THE CONTENT PROVIDED HEREIN IS ERROR-FREE OR THAT ANY DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT WILL PROVIDE SPECIFIC RESULTS. THE CONTENT IS DELIVERED ON AN "AS-IS" AND "AS-AVAILABLE" BASIS. ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS ARTICLE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR THE ACTS, OMISSIONS AND CONDUCT OF YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES IN CONNECTION WITH OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT. ADJUSTMENT, REPAIR, OR SERVICE OF THE EQUIPMENT BY ANYONE OTHER THAN DAKTRONICS OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPAIR AGENTS MAY VOID THE EQUIPMENT WARRANTY. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT AND ANY LINKED CONTENT. YOUR SOLE REMEDY AGAINST DAKTRONICS FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE CONTENT IS TO STOP USING THE CONTENT. THIS LIMITATION OF RELIEF IS A PART OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES.
The above disclaimer applies to any property damage, equipment failure, liability, infringement, or personal injury claim arising out of or in any way related to your use or application of the content, whether such claim is for breach of contract, tort, negligence or any other cause of action.