How to save a presentation in Content Studio on one computer and email or transfer to another computer?
- How do I save a presentation in Content Studio from one computer and email or transfer to another computer?
- How do I transfer a single piece of content from Content Studio from one computer to another without overwriting the database?
- How do I save a presentation outside of Content Studio or externally?
- Product Family: Software
- Component: Content Studio
- Control System: Venus 1500 V4, Show Control System (SCS)
Step 1: How to save presentations to a different location.
- Launch Daktronics Content Studio.
- Click Application Menu.
- Open the file needing to be transferred.
- Click Application Menu.
- Use the Save As function to save file to desktop or other mobile device or network resource.
- Choose a location on Local PC (Desktop, My Documents, My Computer, My Network) if transferring via email.
- Choose a thumb drive/Flash drive if transferring via USB Drive.
Step 2: Transfer to a different computer.
- To transfer via email:
- Attach file to email and send to an account accessible from target computer.
- These steps can vary depending on the type of email client.
- Note: it may be necessary to zip the files in order to prevent an email server from recognizing the Venus .vmpf file type) as XML files.
- See When opening .vmpf files from desktop in Content Studio that had been emailed to the computer receive an error "Presentation failed to open due to an unknown error in the workspace", DD2068668.
- To transfer via USB Drive:
- Take USB Drive and insert into the other computer's USB Drive.
Step 3: Open and save presentations to a new computer.
- Follow How do I open a Venus 1500 v4 message in Content Studio that was saved to my desktop?, DD2598598 on how to open a saved presentation from Desktop or USB drive.
KB ID: DD1996225
DISCLAIMER: Use of this content may void the equipment warranty, please read the disclaimer prior to performing any service of the equipment.
DAKTRONICS DOES NOT PROMISE THAT THE CONTENT PROVIDED HEREIN IS ERROR-FREE OR THAT ANY DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT WILL PROVIDE SPECIFIC RESULTS. THE CONTENT IS DELIVERED ON AN "AS-IS" AND "AS-AVAILABLE" BASIS. ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS ARTICLE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR THE ACTS, OMISSIONS AND CONDUCT OF YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES IN CONNECTION WITH OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT. ADJUSTMENT, REPAIR, OR SERVICE OF THE EQUIPMENT BY ANYONE OTHER THAN DAKTRONICS OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPAIR AGENTS MAY VOID THE EQUIPMENT WARRANTY. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT AND ANY LINKED CONTENT. YOUR SOLE REMEDY AGAINST DAKTRONICS FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE CONTENT IS TO STOP USING THE CONTENT. THIS LIMITATION OF RELIEF IS A PART OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES.
The above disclaimer applies to any property damage, equipment failure, liability, infringement, or personal injury claim arising out of or in any way related to your use or application of the content, whether such claim is for breach of contract, tort, negligence or any other cause of action.