Display Studio: How do I add thumbnails from content to a script button?
- How to add thumbnails to my Display Studio script button?
- How do I scrub through my content to make thumbnails for my buttons in Display Studio?
- Components: Display Studio, DMP-8000
- Control System: Show Control System (SCS) 2.13+
For scripting basics, see: How to Create Scripting Containers and Buttons.
Enable Thumbnails for All Buttons in Container
- Right click within the scripting container and pick Properties.
- Click on the box next to Visible Thumbnails to enable.
Note: You can also individually choose to show or hide thumbnails by right clicking on a button and choosing Show/Hide Thumbnail.
Create a new or edit a script button.
- Create a Script button in Display Studio.
- Right click, select New button.
- Click on the + to Add Line.
- Step 1: Choose DMP-8000 or DMP-7000 Player Control and go to the next step.
- Step 2: Place a check in front of the appropriate zones(s) and go to the next step.
- Step 3: Select Play and go to the next step. (This works with play, playlist, or create playlist commands.)
- Step 4: Click Add. Navigate to the content.
- Click on the thumbnail select icon to designate a thumbnail image for the button.
- Within the thumbnail preview, use the - or + or hover and grab the scrub bar to navigate through the animation to pick the thumbnail location. For playlists, this will always be derived from the 1st file.
KB ID: DD4034637
DISCLAIMER: Use of this content may void the equipment warranty, please read the disclaimer prior to performing any service of the equipment.
DAKTRONICS DOES NOT PROMISE THAT THE CONTENT PROVIDED HEREIN IS ERROR-FREE OR THAT ANY DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT WILL PROVIDE SPECIFIC RESULTS. THE CONTENT IS DELIVERED ON AN "AS-IS" AND "AS-AVAILABLE" BASIS. ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS ARTICLE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR THE ACTS, OMISSIONS AND CONDUCT OF YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES IN CONNECTION WITH OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT. ADJUSTMENT, REPAIR, OR SERVICE OF THE EQUIPMENT BY ANYONE OTHER THAN DAKTRONICS OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPAIR AGENTS MAY VOID THE EQUIPMENT WARRANTY. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT AND ANY LINKED CONTENT. YOUR SOLE REMEDY AGAINST DAKTRONICS FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE CONTENT IS TO STOP USING THE CONTENT. THIS LIMITATION OF RELIEF IS A PART OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES.
The above disclaimer applies to any property damage, equipment failure, liability, infringement, or personal injury claim arising out of or in any way related to your use or application of the content, whether such claim is for breach of contract, tort, negligence or any other cause of action.