Venus Scheduling: How do I create custom time ranges in a playlist?
- Time range aliases
- Configure time ranges for morning rush, mid morning, etc
- Product: Venus Basic, Venus Select, Venus Professional, Venus Enterprise
- Components: Playlists
- Control System: Venus Cloud-Based, Venus Local
This tool defines common times of a day for repeated use in playlists or media scheduling. Use this if you are often scheduling start and end times for standardized time ranges like: morning range, rush hour range, late night, etc.
Create/Manage the time range aliases
- Log into Venus Control Suite. Venus Accounts: How do I log in to Venus Control Suite?
- Chose the Scheduling App from the Launchpad menu or pick from the My Apps Menu. Venus Accounts: How do I find my apps?
- Click on Playlists from the left side menu.
- Click on the playlist to be edited. For more, see: Venus Scheduling: How do I edit an existing playlist in Venus Control Suite?
- Edit playlist properties.
- Select the Time Range from the left side menu.
- Click Add New.
- Fill out the name and time range and Save.
For example, you might want an alias called morning time range and set the time for 5:00-10:00am.
Add more time ranges as needed.
- Alias are account specific.
- Editing or deleting an alias will not impact playlists or media items that have been previously configured for the original time range alias.
Option 1: Apply the time range aliases to a playlist via Playlist Properties.
- On the Venus® Control Suite main menu panel, click on the Scheduling icon.
- Create a new playlist or click on the playlist mode indicators edit the properties of existing playlist. For more, see: Venus Scheduling: How do I create a playlist in Venus Control Suite?
- Check a Playlist and select the Edit pencil.
- Instead of typing in the daily start and end time, click on the drop down and choose Set Time Range Alias.
- This will open the time range properties. Click on the appropriate time range for the playlist and this will fill in the previously set time range.
Choose confirm to save changes.
Note: You can add a new time range alias by clicking on Add New from this properties window.
Option 2: Apply the time range aliases to a media item.
1. Select one or more media items in the playlist. The Properties menu should slide out from the right.
2. Instead of typing in the daily start and end time, click on the drop down and choose a configured time range.
4. Choose Confirm to save changes.
KB ID: DD3823353
DISCLAIMER: Use of this content may void the equipment warranty, please read the disclaimer prior to performing any service of the equipment.
DAKTRONICS DOES NOT PROMISE THAT THE CONTENT PROVIDED HEREIN IS ERROR-FREE OR THAT ANY DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT WILL PROVIDE SPECIFIC RESULTS. THE CONTENT IS DELIVERED ON AN "AS-IS" AND "AS-AVAILABLE" BASIS. ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS ARTICLE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR THE ACTS, OMISSIONS AND CONDUCT OF YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES IN CONNECTION WITH OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT. ADJUSTMENT, REPAIR, OR SERVICE OF THE EQUIPMENT BY ANYONE OTHER THAN DAKTRONICS OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPAIR AGENTS MAY VOID THE EQUIPMENT WARRANTY. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT AND ANY LINKED CONTENT. YOUR SOLE REMEDY AGAINST DAKTRONICS FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE CONTENT IS TO STOP USING THE CONTENT. THIS LIMITATION OF RELIEF IS A PART OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES.
The above disclaimer applies to any property damage, equipment failure, liability, infringement, or personal injury claim arising out of or in any way related to your use or application of the content, whether such claim is for breach of contract, tort, negligence or any other cause of action.