Content Studio crashes shortly after launching
- Content Studio crashes shortly after launching.
- Content Studio crashes when previewing a video file.
- "Content Studio by Daktronics has stopped working" error
- Event Log under Applications yields an Event ID 1026 "The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.".
- Event Log under Applications yields an Event ID 1000 with the fault module path being C:\Windows\System32\CompPkgSup.dll with an exception code of 0xc0000005.
- Event Log under Applications yields an Event ID 1000 with the fault module path being C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll with an exception code of 0xe0434352.
Content studio error log may show error: "MediaObjectMetaGenerator.LoadImage() encountered exception: System.NotSupportedException: No imaging component suitable to complete this operation was found. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: The component cannot be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x88982F50)"
- Product Family: Message Displays
- Component: Windows 10
- Control System: Content Studio
- On March 17th, 2017 Microsoft released a new update for Windows 10 (KB4013429) which deployed a new version of the file CompPkgSup.DLL which has a bug that can cause applications that utilize it to crash.
- Microsoft released a hotfix on March 20th, 2017 to resolve this issue.
- Run Windows Updates and ensure that KB4015438 gets downloaded and installed.
- May need to restart Daktronics Services after applying windows updates.
For Temporary Operation
- Delete KB4013429.
- Note: This step should ideally be performed by Customer's IT group.
KB ID: DD3598810
DISCLAIMER: Use of this content may void the equipment warranty, please read the disclaimer prior to performing any service of the equipment.
DAKTRONICS DOES NOT PROMISE THAT THE CONTENT PROVIDED HEREIN IS ERROR-FREE OR THAT ANY DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT WILL PROVIDE SPECIFIC RESULTS. THE CONTENT IS DELIVERED ON AN "AS-IS" AND "AS-AVAILABLE" BASIS. ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS ARTICLE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR THE ACTS, OMISSIONS AND CONDUCT OF YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES IN CONNECTION WITH OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT. ADJUSTMENT, REPAIR, OR SERVICE OF THE EQUIPMENT BY ANYONE OTHER THAN DAKTRONICS OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPAIR AGENTS MAY VOID THE EQUIPMENT WARRANTY. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT AND ANY LINKED CONTENT. YOUR SOLE REMEDY AGAINST DAKTRONICS FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE CONTENT IS TO STOP USING THE CONTENT. THIS LIMITATION OF RELIEF IS A PART OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES.
The above disclaimer applies to any property damage, equipment failure, liability, infringement, or personal injury claim arising out of or in any way related to your use or application of the content, whether such claim is for breach of contract, tort, negligence or any other cause of action.