How do I Link to Library within a Quick Display Container in Display Studio?
- How do I Link to Library within a Quick Display Container in Display Studio?
- Is there a way that I can pull all the content directly from Content Studio folders into Show Control?
- Is there a way to create a lot of buttons all at once?
- Product Family: Software, Control System
- Components: Display Studio, Quick Display Containers and Buttons, DMP-8000, M3
- Control System: Show Control System (SCS), Live Clips
If you haven't already created a Workspace to work within:
- Click on the Display Studio Application Menu, hover over New, and click Workspace.
- Type in a name for your Workspace and click Save.
If you already have a Workspace created:
- Right-click in your Workspace, hover over New, and click Quick Display Container.
- Choose your display or zone from the Display Name dropdown.
- Click on the Link to Library button.
- Select the folder from your content folder you want linked to that Container and click Open.
- Linking to subfolders is a functionality added in Show Control Version 2.20.1 or later.
Hint: Right-click and choose Refresh Library (or hit F5) to add buttons for new messages that have been added to that folder in Content Studio. IF using a galaxy display, files will need to be sent with the M3 File Manager first. If files have been removed from that folder, buttons will be deleted that reference those files when refreshing the container.
Note: Once you have linked to a library, you cannot add new buttons to that container from a different folder. However, you can go back into the containers properties and break that link by selecting "unlink from default." Once you have made this change you cannot go back and link to library again.
KB ID: DD3445145
DISCLAIMER: Use of this content may void the equipment warranty, please read the disclaimer prior to performing any service of the equipment.
DAKTRONICS DOES NOT PROMISE THAT THE CONTENT PROVIDED HEREIN IS ERROR-FREE OR THAT ANY DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT WILL PROVIDE SPECIFIC RESULTS. THE CONTENT IS DELIVERED ON AN "AS-IS" AND "AS-AVAILABLE" BASIS. ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS ARTICLE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR THE ACTS, OMISSIONS AND CONDUCT OF YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES IN CONNECTION WITH OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT. ADJUSTMENT, REPAIR, OR SERVICE OF THE EQUIPMENT BY ANYONE OTHER THAN DAKTRONICS OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPAIR AGENTS MAY VOID THE EQUIPMENT WARRANTY. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT AND ANY LINKED CONTENT. YOUR SOLE REMEDY AGAINST DAKTRONICS FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE CONTENT IS TO STOP USING THE CONTENT. THIS LIMITATION OF RELIEF IS A PART OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES.
The above disclaimer applies to any property damage, equipment failure, liability, infringement, or personal injury claim arising out of or in any way related to your use or application of the content, whether such claim is for breach of contract, tort, negligence or any other cause of action.