Windows 10 Update Notice – What Do Daktronics Customers Need To Know?
- What do Daktronics customers need to know about Windows 10 upgrade?
- Product Family: Integration
- Product: Window 7 based products
- Control System: Venus 7000 software, Show Control Software, DSTI Software
The new Windows 10 Operating System (OS) may offer enhanced features for non-Daktronics applications, however, Daktronics identified several incompatibilities with the new environment that causes Daktronics software to have limited to no functionality with current control system platform.
Daktronics strongly advises our customers to NOT upgrade their systems to Windows 10 in order to maintain the functionality and integration of the various components in the control system. In the event a customer chooses to upgrade to Windows 10, any service response needed to back date the system will not be provided under Daktronics warranty.
Please verify compatibility with technical support before doing any operating system updates.
What programs have been tested with Windows 10?
- Venus 1500 V4.22 and Vanguard V4.25 or newer are supported as of 3/28/2016.
- Show Control V2.0.xx and above supports Windows 10 as of 2/15/2017
- Daktronics Scoring and Timing Interface - DSTI: Version 188.8.131.52 or newer
- DakTennis Version 3.1.2 or newer
- OmniSport 2000 Pro Swimming 184.108.40.206 or newer
- DMP-8000 version 8 or newer.
Which programs won't work if I upgrade to Windows 10?
- Some Daktronics products work best on Windows 7 platform. Please verify compatibility with technical support before doing any operating system updates.
Help! I have accidentally upgraded, how can I get back to my old operating system?
- Microsoft has a built in backup option and after upgrading an option should be available to revert back to your old operating system. This can potentially clear any setting, content, or configuration you have on your machine which may require Daktronics support to set up again. This work may incur cost as it is not covered as part of our standard warranty or service/support plan.
KB ID: DD3101782
DISCLAIMER: Use of this content may void the equipment warranty, please read the disclaimer prior to performing any service of the equipment.
DAKTRONICS DOES NOT PROMISE THAT THE CONTENT PROVIDED HEREIN IS ERROR-FREE OR THAT ANY DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT WILL PROVIDE SPECIFIC RESULTS. THE CONTENT IS DELIVERED ON AN "AS-IS" AND "AS-AVAILABLE" BASIS. ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS ARTICLE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR THE ACTS, OMISSIONS AND CONDUCT OF YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES IN CONNECTION WITH OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT. ADJUSTMENT, REPAIR, OR SERVICE OF THE EQUIPMENT BY ANYONE OTHER THAN DAKTRONICS OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPAIR AGENTS MAY VOID THE EQUIPMENT WARRANTY. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT AND ANY LINKED CONTENT. YOUR SOLE REMEDY AGAINST DAKTRONICS FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE CONTENT IS TO STOP USING THE CONTENT. THIS LIMITATION OF RELIEF IS A PART OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES.
The above disclaimer applies to any property damage, equipment failure, liability, infringement, or personal injury claim arising out of or in any way related to your use or application of the content, whether such claim is for breach of contract, tort, negligence or any other cause of action.