Venus Scheduling: How do I create a playlist override in Venus Control Suite?
- How do I create a playlist override in Venus Control Suite (VCS)?
- How do I create schedule interrupt or rotational override in Venus Control Suite?
- Product: Venus Select, Venus Professional, Venus Enterprise
- Control System: Venus Cloud-Based, Venus Local
Overrides are created as a way to create interrupt what is scheduled to play on your display. You can use overrides to quickly push messages to displays. This can be useful for site visits or in the event of an emergency.
Create a new playlist.
- Log into Venus Control Suite Venus Accounts: How do I log in to Venus Control Suite?
- Select Scheduling from the My Apps menu.
- Click on Playlists from the left side navigation menu.
- Click the🔽 arrow on the Add New button.
- Select Override to create a new override playlist.
- Click the title of Untiled Override.
- Give the override playlist a title.
- Toggle the override to Active.
- The override can be left as off or turned off at a later time to remove it from the display.
- Enter Start Date and Start Time.
- Select the override mode.
- Exclusive: The override will replace the schedule of any targeted displays.
- Rotational: The override will be added to the schedule of any targeted displays. This feature allows users to have a message rotate every x amount of presentations.
- Exclusive then Rotational: The override will first replace and then be added to the schedule of any targeted display.
- If exclusive, enter in the mode duration for exclusive. If rotational, select the duration and frequency. If exclusive then rotational, enter both exclusive duration and rotational duration and frequency.
- Click Save at the top.
- Click Edit under Playlist Files.
- Click the plus sign next to Media Library files to add to the override playlist.
- Click Save.
- Click Edit under Displays.
- Place a check mark next to the target display name.
- Click Save.
Note: You can create multiple overrides that overlap a time period, but you need to make sure that both overrides are set up using the same override mode, either both being set to Exclusive or both set to Rotational.
Venus Control Suite Onboarding
For additional information, please visit: https://www.daktronics.com/en-us/support/venus-control-suite/onboarding-basic/creating-content
KB ID: DD2956164
DISCLAIMER: Use of this content may void the equipment warranty, please read the disclaimer prior to performing any service of the equipment.
DAKTRONICS DOES NOT PROMISE THAT THE CONTENT PROVIDED HEREIN IS ERROR-FREE OR THAT ANY DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT WILL PROVIDE SPECIFIC RESULTS. THE CONTENT IS DELIVERED ON AN "AS-IS" AND "AS-AVAILABLE" BASIS. ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS ARTICLE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR THE ACTS, OMISSIONS AND CONDUCT OF YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES IN CONNECTION WITH OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT. ADJUSTMENT, REPAIR, OR SERVICE OF THE EQUIPMENT BY ANYONE OTHER THAN DAKTRONICS OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPAIR AGENTS MAY VOID THE EQUIPMENT WARRANTY. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT AND ANY LINKED CONTENT. YOUR SOLE REMEDY AGAINST DAKTRONICS FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE CONTENT IS TO STOP USING THE CONTENT. THIS LIMITATION OF RELIEF IS A PART OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES.
The above disclaimer applies to any property damage, equipment failure, liability, infringement, or personal injury claim arising out of or in any way related to your use or application of the content, whether such claim is for breach of contract, tort, negligence or any other cause of action.