Unable to communicate to sign through radios but can from QC input card; Failed Ethernet radio cable
- Unable to communicate with display through the radios but can ping the client radio without interruption.
- Can communicate with controller via Cat5 connection to quick connect (QC) input from a laptop but unable to communicate if using the Cat5 cable from the client radio for connection.
- Product: Galaxy, GalaxyPro, GS6, GT6
- Component: Ethernet Bridge Radios
- Control System:
- Bad Cat5 cable from client radio to input QC.
- Replace the Ethernet/Serial Dual Gland cable from client radio to QC.
- May also replace EBR kit as the cable is part of the client radio assembly (EBRs are paired, so you cannot replace only the client radio).
For Temporary Operation
- Cut off RJ45 connectors from both ends of the cable.
- Inspect the cable for visible damage or kinks.
- Re-terminate both ends of cable with new RJ45 connectors using a crimp tool.
KB ID: DD2857748
DISCLAIMER: Use of this content may void the equipment warranty, please read the disclaimer prior to performing any service of the equipment.
DAKTRONICS DOES NOT PROMISE THAT THE CONTENT PROVIDED HEREIN IS ERROR-FREE OR THAT ANY DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT WILL PROVIDE SPECIFIC RESULTS. THE CONTENT IS DELIVERED ON AN "AS-IS" AND "AS-AVAILABLE" BASIS. ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS ARTICLE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR THE ACTS, OMISSIONS AND CONDUCT OF YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES IN CONNECTION WITH OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT. ADJUSTMENT, REPAIR, OR SERVICE OF THE EQUIPMENT BY ANYONE OTHER THAN DAKTRONICS OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPAIR AGENTS MAY VOID THE EQUIPMENT WARRANTY. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT AND ANY LINKED CONTENT. YOUR SOLE REMEDY AGAINST DAKTRONICS FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE CONTENT IS TO STOP USING THE CONTENT. THIS LIMITATION OF RELIEF IS A PART OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES.
The above disclaimer applies to any property damage, equipment failure, liability, infringement, or personal injury claim arising out of or in any way related to your use or application of the content, whether such claim is for breach of contract, tort, negligence or any other cause of action.