How do I setup the NCAA Basketball Interface (DSTI method)?
- How do I setup Stat Crew/The Automated Scorebook (TAS) for Basketball? (Com file method)
- How do I setup NCAA LiveStats (Genus Sports), Stat Crew or Presto interfaces? (XML File method)
- Product Family: Sport Software, Controllers
- Component: DSTI, NCAA Sports Interfaces (includes Stat Crew, NCAA LiveStats (Genius Sports), Presto)
- Control System: Show Control System (SCS)
Step 1: DSTI / Player / All Sport setup (no change from 2017 season)
See: How to set up Stat Crew with the All Sport, DSTI, and Venus 7000, DD2167389 for more information on Stat Crew and DSTI setup.
The Stat Crew TAS Basketball software automatically creates and updates a file named "c:\statcrew\comfile.sb" when users enter the GameTime Scoring screen and after recording each play.
Below are some additional suggestions to keep in mind when using the software to send stats to a display:
- When setting up a roster, all single-digit jersey numbers must have a leading zero (EX: Player No. 2 is entered as "02").
- Player names must be entered as "last name, first name" with no space after the comma.
- Refer to How to set up Comms32 serial communication for Stat Crew, DD2557286 for setting up serial communication.
- The Basketball Stat Crew software makes a normal comfile file as well as a comfile.sb. The .sb version is the scoreboard version. This file is made to the local Stat Crew folder, and at this time there doesn't seem to be an option to change the directory it saves to. The $OPTIONS file will let you save the stats version of the file over the network, and you can even change the file name to .sb but it won't be the scoreboard data.
Answer/Steps XML File Communication (option for Stat Crew, Genius or Presto NCAA Basketball Interfaces for the 2018 season)
Step 1: DSTI / Player / All Sport setup
- Login to the appropriate computer.
- Update the DSTI
- Download and run the installer: DSTIInstall.exe
- After the installer has run, reboot if prompted.
- Customers changing to XML from Com file to XML will need a new configuration or .dsi file. (not needed for updates)
- Locate the team's .dsi file.
The .DSI file should be place in one of the these two locations, dependent upon operating system architecture
For 64 bit machines: C:\Program Files (x86)\Daktronics\DSTI
For 32 bit machines: C:\Program Files\Daktronics\DSTI
For Stat Crew, follow this guide: Quick Guide: Stat Crew XML Interface.
- For NCAA LiveStats (Genius Sports) to export live stats via XML or COMFILE format, see LiveStats.
- To set up Presto to export live stats via XML.
Step 3: DSTI configuration
- Open DSTI software and ensure the Interface selected is "Stat Crew XML"
- Go to Edit -> Stat Crew File Configuration to change the default location of the Stat Crew game file. Enter the Game XML File Location as configured by the Data Provider. The customer will need to provide access. URL or web locations are not supported at this time.
KB ID: DD2557450
DISCLAIMER: Use of this content may void the equipment warranty, please read the disclaimer prior to performing any service of the equipment.
DAKTRONICS DOES NOT PROMISE THAT THE CONTENT PROVIDED HEREIN IS ERROR-FREE OR THAT ANY DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT WILL PROVIDE SPECIFIC RESULTS. THE CONTENT IS DELIVERED ON AN "AS-IS" AND "AS-AVAILABLE" BASIS. ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS ARTICLE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR THE ACTS, OMISSIONS AND CONDUCT OF YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES IN CONNECTION WITH OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT. ADJUSTMENT, REPAIR, OR SERVICE OF THE EQUIPMENT BY ANYONE OTHER THAN DAKTRONICS OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPAIR AGENTS MAY VOID THE EQUIPMENT WARRANTY. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT AND ANY LINKED CONTENT. YOUR SOLE REMEDY AGAINST DAKTRONICS FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE CONTENT IS TO STOP USING THE CONTENT. THIS LIMITATION OF RELIEF IS A PART OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES.
The above disclaimer applies to any property damage, equipment failure, liability, infringement, or personal injury claim arising out of or in any way related to your use or application of the content, whether such claim is for breach of contract, tort, negligence or any other cause of action.