System Health: Power Supply Failure
- Green LED on the power supply that is attached the module is off, however the module is working properly.
- Power supply not outputting any voltage but the power supply is receiving proper voltage.
- Product Family: Billboard, Video
- Product: DB-4100, DVX, DVN
- Component: Module , PL5x module w/ integrated power supply and redundant power supplies
- Control System: Venus Control Suite, System Health
- Improperly connected power cables to the power supply or between the power supply and the module.
- Power supply failure of the module-attached power supply.
- The PL5x module is capable of power redundancy, allowing for continued operation even after a power supply failure. This event is created when the module detects the primary power supplies has failed, causing it to set an event. This allows maintenance to be performed proactively, avoiding a display outage.
Remote Troubleshooting Steps
- This issue cannot be resolved remotely.
Onsite Troubleshooting Steps
- Identify and locate in the display the power supply experiencing the "Power Supply Failure" event.
- Remove access panels on the rear of your display as necessary. If you do not have access panels on the rear of your display, remove module(s) from the display face to observe status light activity on the rear of the module(s) following: How do I remove modules, DD2073426.
- Most module/power supply combos are replaced as a single unit.
- If extra power supplies are available, replace just the failed power supply.
KB ID: DD2356279
DISCLAIMER: Use of this content may void the equipment warranty, please read the disclaimer prior to performing any service of the equipment.
DAKTRONICS DOES NOT PROMISE THAT THE CONTENT PROVIDED HEREIN IS ERROR-FREE OR THAT ANY DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT WILL PROVIDE SPECIFIC RESULTS. THE CONTENT IS DELIVERED ON AN "AS-IS" AND "AS-AVAILABLE" BASIS. ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS ARTICLE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR THE ACTS, OMISSIONS AND CONDUCT OF YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES IN CONNECTION WITH OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT. ADJUSTMENT, REPAIR, OR SERVICE OF THE EQUIPMENT BY ANYONE OTHER THAN DAKTRONICS OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPAIR AGENTS MAY VOID THE EQUIPMENT WARRANTY. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT AND ANY LINKED CONTENT. YOUR SOLE REMEDY AGAINST DAKTRONICS FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE CONTENT IS TO STOP USING THE CONTENT. THIS LIMITATION OF RELIEF IS A PART OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES.
The above disclaimer applies to any property damage, equipment failure, liability, infringement, or personal injury claim arising out of or in any way related to your use or application of the content, whether such claim is for breach of contract, tort, negligence or any other cause of action.