- How do I find the answer to some of the questions on the pre-installation checklist?
- How do I fill out the M Series Bridge pre-check list?
Product Family: Message Displays
Components: M Series Bridge
Control System: Venus Control Suite (VCS)
Review the pre-checklist along with explanations and pointers on how to answer the questions here:
- Work with your IT Network Professional to verify network configuration.
- Default port for Daktronics M2/M3 displays is 3001.
- Virtual ports needed for the M-Series Hardware Bridge/Venus Control Suite Daktronics Hosted installation: will need ports 80 and 443 open.
- Physical connection to network router/switch (hardware port) setup for Display/communication equipment.
Physical connection to network router/switch (hardware port) setup for M-Series Hardware Bridge.
- The display communication Ethernet cable should plug directly into a network switch/router. (Not direct to a computer, so if it is currently connected to a computer, it will need to be moved.)
- See image below: #1.
- The Display will need to be plugged into an open port on the same network that the M-Bridge will be on. Verify that there is a port available to plug it in. (NOTE: To have them on the same network, this may mean they need to be plugged into the same router/switch.)
Network (virtual port) open for M2/M3 display on local network (3001).
- This is the Ethernet cable that connects the M-Bridge to the Switch/Router.
- The M-bridge will need to be plugged into an open port on the same network that the display is on. Verify that there is a port available to plug it in. (NOTE: To have them on the same network, this may mean they may need to be plugged into the same router/switch.)
- See image below: # 2.
Venus Control Suite Daktronics hosted (virtual ports) 443 & 80 open.
- If you have a complex network set up or advanced network firewall, the LOCAL port setting or 3001 will need to be "opened" by your IT. (Generally this port is already open.)
If network uses DHCP, record name of the display.If network is using a static IP scheme for the display (Recommended), provide the following information prior to installation: IP for displays(s), as well as Subnet Mask, Default Gateway and DNS info.If network is using static IP scheme, provide the following information prior to installation: IP address for M-Series Hardware Bridge(s), as well as Subnet Mask, Default Gateway and DNS information.
- If you have a complex network set up or advanced network firewall, the port settings of 443 & 80 will also need to be "opened" by IT. (On a small network, these ports are generally open.)
- Check to see if your computer is set to static or DHCP IP address settings. See KB for where to check: How do I set or change a static IP on my computer or USB to Ethernet adapter? DD2016625.
- Don't Change the address, just follow the KB for where to look. Take note of these addresses:
- IP address for your computer. (Example: 192.168.1.28) *Looking at this address just helps you figure out what the M-Series Hardware device IP should look like.
- IP for M-Series Hardware Bridge(s). (Example: 192.168.1.29) *This address will have to be one that is not currently in use and available to be set to the m-bridge device.* (A ping test will show if its available with "no response".)
- Subnet Mask. (Example: 255.255.255.0)
- Default Gateway. (Example: 192.168.1.1)
- DNS address(s). (Example 22.214.171.124)