- How to configure a new or replacement DMP player for a Venus Control Suite controlled Single-Face display
Product Family: Billboard
NOTE: This guide is for use by Technicians or Installers in the field.
NOTE: This guide is applicable to single-face displays using Venus Control Suite.
NOTE: Recommended tools to complete this work include: laptop, spare Ethernet cable, Ethernet coupler (RJ45 female-to-female).
Directly plug the Ethernet cable from the DMP to your laptop.
- Setup laptop for direct (static IP) connection to devices.
Login to the DMP.
- This should be the cable that is currently plugged into VLAN 1 port 3 of the Meraki router.
NOTE: It is recommended to connect an Ethernet coupler to this cable and use a spare Ethernet cable to extend its reach so you can complete this work in a comfortable and safe position. Alternatively, if the DMP is easily accessible, you may disconnect the existing cable and plug your spare cable directly into it from your laptop.
- Open a web browser window.
- Enter the DMP IP address into the address bar (default "http://192.168.1.111:81").
- Click the
Configuration menu button.
- Ensure the
Identification tab is selected.
- Update the
Description box with the site specific name and number followed by "DMP".
Save.Enter the player's password if prompted.
- This information is logged in the case as the site "Description" for you reference.
- Select the
- Select the site specific time zone from the dropdown menu.
- Select the
- Select the dropdown arrow next to
Media Management Server and select
Contact Daktronics Technical Support at 1-800-DAKTRONICS to have the new device registered.