- Product Family: Billboard
- Products: DB-4200, DB-5000, DB-6000, DB-6400
- Component: SmartLink Devices, SmartLink Monitor App, VIP-5X6X, Digital Media Player (DMP)
- Control: Visiconn, Venus Control Suite (VCS), Third-Party Control System
Remote troubleshooting Steps
Note: DB-4200 Series use SmartLink Monitor App on the DMP for direct communication, DB-5000 and DB-6000 Series use the VIP-5X6X.
Via the direct communication tool, complete a software reset on the SmartLink.
- Log into the SmartLink's direct communication tool.
- Verify the Integrated Circuit Card Identifier (ICCID)/Mobile Equipment Identifier (MEID) in the direct communication tool and in the SmartLink website are the same.
Via the SmartLink Website, perform a request status and see if the unit comes back as online..
- This will perform a software reboot of the radio function on the radio mezz card only.
- Allow 3-5 minutes for the reboot to complete and regain radio connection.
- In the event that the SmartLink comes back as offline or you were not able to successfully reset, please contact Daktronics Technical Support.
Onsite troubleshooting steps
LED Standards on SmartLink Unit, left to right.
- Radio Light: Should be a slow blink, about one blink every 3 seconds.
- Status Light: Should be a quick or rapid blink.
- Power Light: Should be on solid.
Reboot the SmartLink with a power cycle of the device. Refer to How do I reboot, reset, or power cycle a SmartLink device locally?, DD2611983.
Reseat the mezz card. Refer to SmartLink showing offline and powering it off does not fix the issue, DD2629074.
- If issue persists, proceed to Step 5.
- If issue persists, you will likely need to replace your SmartLink. Contact Daktronics Help Desk for further assistance.