- How do I create and edit quick display containers and buttons in Display Studio?
- How do you make a button in a quick display container?
- Product Family: Control System, Software
- Components: Display Studio Quick Display Container, DMP-7000, DMP-8000, M3
- Control System: Show Control System (SCS)
ResolutionMethod #1: Linking a Quick Display Container to a Content Library. (This automatically connects to a content folder and creates buttons.)
Method #2: Creating Quick Display Buttons IndividuallyNote:
- Create a new Quick Display container by right-clicking in a workspace page, hovering over new and selecting Quick Display Container
- Click the drop down next to Display Name and select the sign or zone for the respective player you'd like this container to control
Note: Quick Display containers are created 1 per sign/zone so if you choose DMP-7000/8000 Full Screen, you can't make a button within that container to control the Ad signs/zones, prompt sign/zones, etc. For multi-sign/zone control, follow the Scripting Container and Buttons KB: How do I Create Scripting Containers and Buttons in Display Studio?
- After selecting the display and sign/zone, click the Link to Library button to open the Library Browser window. Follow the steps illustrated in the video below:
Note: As of version 2.20 of Show Control, subfolders can now be used when linking to a Library
- Click Save. The Quick Display Container Properties screen will close and Display Studio will automatically create buttons for all the files in the library.
- The auto-generated buttons can be edited using the icon row (explained in the steps for method #2 below) by right clicking on a button and selecting properties
- When new files are added to the linked library, right-click within the Quick Display Container and select Refresh Library for the container to auto-create a new button for the added piece(s) of content
Quick display buttons cannot be created individually if the quick display container is linked to a display library using Method #1
- After making a new Quick Display Container and selecting which display to control, save the new container. Next, right-click from within the Quick Display Container and select New Button to open the Button Creation Window.
- To create a new button, the icons needed to add files, adjust playlist settings, etc. are located in a row at the top of the button:
- The folder icon lets you Insert or Add new file(s). Select the - symbol to remove the desired files
- The stacked images icon lets you set Playlist Type. This determines the order the that the files will play
- Normal Playlist - all files will be added to the queue in the order they are listed in the button
- Shuffle Playlist - all files will be added to the queue in a shuffled order
- Next Playlist - all files will be added to the queue one at a time and clicking the button again will add the next file in the playlist to the queue
- Random Playlist - all files will be added to the queue one at a time in a random order
- The clapboard icon lets you set Playlist Mode to be continuous or indicate the number of run times
- The pause symbol lets you set when a file or files will pause upon first playback or at the conclusion of the file(s)
- As of version 2.20 of Show Control, 3 more pausing options have been added for more control over playlists
- The circular arrow icon lets you set the Duration or Repeat Count on the selected files
- The arrow icon lets you set the entry Transitions on the selected files
- The speaker icon lets you set the audio levels on the selected files. This allows normalization and options to play alternate audio files
- The 7th icon lets you set the Mark In/Mark Out points on the selected files. This is for animations and clips
- The final icon lets you set the thumbnail
- Save the button
Training Links and Videos for New Features Used in the Steps Above