What are the HTML content guidelines for web page playback?
- What are the HTML content guidelines for web page playback?
- Product Family: Software and Controllers
- Product: DMP-8000 version 7.7 or later with Windows 7 OS or later
- Control System: Show Control System/Display Studio
HTML content guidelines for web page playback.
Requirements for content
- Chromium 66 build compatibility
- Videos/animations can be in either the WebM format with VP8 codec or in the MP4 format with H.264 codec.
- If the HTML content is for single display, then it should be made for that specific display size.
- If the HTML content is for multiple displays and display sizes, try to use responsive design to work across the multiple displays.
- Turn off the scroll bars (overflow: hidden;)
- The URL can contain query parameters such as the city, location or sign size.
- Do not use login credentials to access the website/HTML.
- Host the HTML content on the same web server as the data to avoid any issues with cross domain access.
- The player does not cache to disk.
- No support for browser plug-ins
- No support for flash
- When playing a web page to a zone, the page will not appear until it is fully loaded by the DMP-8000. If a URI file is played to a zone that is currently displaying content, that zone will blank immediately, but it could be a matter of seconds before the web page is visible. This can be due to multiple factors including the amount of content on the page or the quality of the Internet connection at the venue. For this reason, it may be best to play web pages to a full screen or "prompt" zone that is layered above other content so that the zone/display does not blank while the web page is loading.
- "General" web pages that are not specifically designed for LED display may not play back at all due to features and/or coding that is not supported by DMP-8000. Every web page should be tested ahead of an event to ensure compatibility.
KB ID: DD3490304
DISCLAIMER: Use of this content may void the equipment warranty, please read the disclaimer prior to performing any service of the equipment.
DAKTRONICS DOES NOT PROMISE THAT THE CONTENT PROVIDED HEREIN IS ERROR-FREE OR THAT ANY DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT WILL PROVIDE SPECIFIC RESULTS. THE CONTENT IS DELIVERED ON AN "AS-IS" AND "AS-AVAILABLE" BASIS. ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS ARTICLE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR THE ACTS, OMISSIONS AND CONDUCT OF YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES IN CONNECTION WITH OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT. ADJUSTMENT, REPAIR, OR SERVICE OF THE EQUIPMENT BY ANYONE OTHER THAN DAKTRONICS OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPAIR AGENTS MAY VOID THE EQUIPMENT WARRANTY. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT AND ANY LINKED CONTENT. YOUR SOLE REMEDY AGAINST DAKTRONICS FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE CONTENT IS TO STOP USING THE CONTENT. THIS LIMITATION OF RELIEF IS A PART OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES.
The above disclaimer applies to any property damage, equipment failure, liability, infringement, or personal injury claim arising out of or in any way related to your use or application of the content, whether such claim is for breach of contract, tort, negligence or any other cause of action.