How do I add or create a user in Venus Control Suite?
- How do I create a user profile in Venus Control Suite?
- How do I add a new user to Venus Control Suite?
- Product Family: Video Software and Controllers
- Product: Venus Control Suite (VCS)
- Components: Venus Pro Ad Grid, Venus Pro Playlist, Venus Prime
- Control System: Venus Control Suite Daktronics Hosted
- Log in by following How to log into Venus Control Suite., DD2973047.
- Click Menu button on the top left corner of the software.
- Click on Users in the Menu panel.
- In the Users page, click on the blue Add New button.
- Choose an account from the Account drop-down box. If the current account has no sub-accounts, the current account is selected by default.
- Choose an option from the Role drop-down box to assign the level of user access.
- Complete the fields in the Additional Information section and click Save.
Add user with temporary password:
- Enter all the required User Information, which includes: email address, account, user role, password, and confirm password. For password requirements, please see What are the password requirements for Venus Control Suite Daktronics Hosted?, DD3436202.
- Administrator User role has full rights.
- Standard User role has full rights to the Dashboard, Media Library, and create and modify playlists.
- Basic User role has access to Accounts and Reports, which is only available in Venus Pro and Venus Elite.
- For more information on user roles, please see What are the different rights associated to the user roles in Venus Control Suite?, DD3544988.
- Click one of the blue Save buttons located on the top and bottom of the page.
- Enter all the required User Information, which includes: email address, account, and user role.
- Click Submit.
- The new user will be sent an email that will request activation.
- In the email, the new user should click Activate Account, and set their password for their new account.
Note: Only Administrators have access to add additional users. The Administrator is responsible for providing login information to newly created users.
Venus Control Suite Onboarding
For additional information, please visit: https://www.daktronics.com/en-us/support/venus-control-suite/onboarding-basic/getting-started
KB ID: DD3104260
DISCLAIMER: Use of this content may void the equipment warranty, please read the disclaimer prior to performing any service of the equipment.
DAKTRONICS DOES NOT PROMISE THAT THE CONTENT PROVIDED HEREIN IS ERROR-FREE OR THAT ANY DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT WILL PROVIDE SPECIFIC RESULTS. THE CONTENT IS DELIVERED ON AN "AS-IS" AND "AS-AVAILABLE" BASIS. ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS ARTICLE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR THE ACTS, OMISSIONS AND CONDUCT OF YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES IN CONNECTION WITH OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT. ADJUSTMENT, REPAIR, OR SERVICE OF THE EQUIPMENT BY ANYONE OTHER THAN DAKTRONICS OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPAIR AGENTS MAY VOID THE EQUIPMENT WARRANTY. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT AND ANY LINKED CONTENT. YOUR SOLE REMEDY AGAINST DAKTRONICS FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE CONTENT IS TO STOP USING THE CONTENT. THIS LIMITATION OF RELIEF IS A PART OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES.
The above disclaimer applies to any property damage, equipment failure, liability, infringement, or personal injury claim arising out of or in any way related to your use or application of the content, whether such claim is for breach of contract, tort, negligence or any other cause of action.