- How do I test out a NovaStar Control System?
- How do I test out the video inputs and outputs?
Product Family: Sender Box
Product: Nova MCTRL 600, Nova MCTRL 660, NovaStar VX4S, NovaStar brand sender box and receiver cards
- Control System: World Wide Gold, Limited Compliance Gold, NPP Control using transmit common/open protocol
- This includes but not limited to DVN-4003, J Series, U Series, Q Series, JVX, QVN-1000, ZPN.
Answer/Steps- Verify the Display Status
- Can you display a test pattern to verify all sections of the display communicates with the sender box? Follow this article:
How to display a test pattern on a NovaStar controlled Display?
- If Yes, move on to step 2.
- If No, follow this article to resolve:
Troubleshooting NovaStar controlled: display fully or partially blank.
- Can you communicate with the modules, receiver cards, and sending card? Do they have a normal (green) status?
- Follow each article listed below for the process.
If Yes, (each component has a normal status) move on to step
Answer/Steps- Verify the video inputs and outputs
The video inputs will vary depending on the types of sender boxes used.
Check the output between the Sender Box and the Display
If the test patterns look normal, return your display control regular operation, choose Normal and Send in the test pattern menu.
- Can you properly display a test pattern to verify all sections of the display communicates with the sender box? See: How to display a test pattern on a NovaStar controlled Display?
Check the input between the Video source and the Sender Box.
- Play content from the input. Does it look normal?
Yes, you have successfully tested your system.
No, check incoming source to confirm that content is playing and pushing through. You will need to hook up an HDMI or DVI-capable monitor to confirm this. Is incoming source good?
Verify the configuration. The basic things to check are below. For full configuration details, see: How do I configure a NovaLCT-Mars Sender Box?
- If Yes, proceed to Step 2.
- If No, you will need to troubleshoot your incoming source to resolve the issue.
- Open the Sending Board/Card page in the Screen Config window. Adjust the parameters in the set the sending board display mode panel as required.
Sending Board Resolution This is the image resolution saved in the sending board.
Graphics output resolution This is the image resolution of the output AVI video of the computer graphic card.
Refresh Click this button to update the Sending Board Resolution and the Graphics output resolution.
Resolution This is the resolution that is going to be set for the sending board. Select one from the drop-off list.
Refresh Rate This is the refresh rate that is going to be set for the sending board. Select one from the drop-off list.
Click Set button in the set the sending board display mode panel to send the new set resolution and refresh rate to the sending board.
Switch the graphic card mode from duplicate or extend to single display and then switch back. This operation is to avoid physical reconnecting DVI cable for the graphic card to update sending board info.
The resolutions and refreshed rates of the input AVI video and the sending board must be the same?
Is the display showing the inputs properly?
If yes, your troubleshooting is complete.
no, contact Daktronics for further troubleshooting.