- How can I interface with TrackMan Speed of Pitch (NCAA)?
- Product Family: Sport Software and Interfaces
- Product: TrackMan Pitch and Hit Interface
- Component: Data Server
- Control System: Minor League Baseball
Here is what to expect :
Trackman Interface includes:
- This new integration and interface requires that the TrackMan computer and Daktronics control system is on the same network subnet/VLAN or that traffic can freely pass between both end points. This will ensure that UDP traffic originating at the TrackMan computer can reach the Daktronics systems. There are many ways this can be achieved and will depend on the site/network configuration, your regional applications engineer can help answer questions from you or your IT staff about the required setup.
- TrackMan's data output only includes Speed of Pitch.
Requirements of Team/Facility:
TrackMan licenses their technology directly to the baseball operations group of the NCAA Div 1A Athletics at the School. The license agreement between the Athletics (NCAA School) and TrackMan is limited to coaching and player evaluation purposes and must be amended for use in stadiums.
The NCAA School - Athletics - should follow the process below to request integration.
- Email email@example.com to initiate the request for NCAA Speed of Pitch - Daktronics Scoreboard Integration, you should receive approval from Trackman. Cullen McGowan
- Once approved, contact Professional Services or your Regional Application Engineer to determine the hardware and/or software needs that will enable this data for display use.
- 2 days notification before Daktronics onsite speed of pitch integration. TrackMan requires at least
- The TrackMan computer must be on an working before Daktronics onsite speed of pitch integration.
Because the approval process involves a contractual relationship between the teams and TrackMan, Daktronics cannot make the request of TrackMan or the NCAA Athletics program for customers.
The above article outlines how to implement an enhanced feature. If you want assistance with adding new elements to your show, visit our Professional Services Site to submit your contact information.