- How do I Link to Library within a Quick Display Container in Display Studio?
- Is there a way that I can pull all the content directly from Content Studio folders into Show Control?
- Is there a way to create a lot of buttons all at once?
- Product Family: Software, Control System
- Components: Display Studio, Quick Display Containers and Buttons, DMP-8000, M3
- Control System: Show Control System (SCS), Live Clips
If you haven't already created a Workspace to work within:
- Click on the Display Studio Application Menu, hover over New, and click Workspace.
- Type in a name for your Workspace and click Save.
If you already have a Workspace created:
- Right-click in your Workspace, hover over New, and click Quick Display Container.
- Choose your display or zone from the Display Name dropdown.
- Click on the Link to Library button.
- Select the folder from your content folder you want linked to that Container and click Open.
Click Save and Display Studio will automatically create buttons for all the presentations in that folder using the settings in the initial container properties window.Here is an animation of the process:
- Linking to subfolders is a functionality added in Show Control Version 2.20.1 or later.
Hint: Right-click and choose Refresh Library (or hit F5) to add buttons for new messages that have been added to that folder in Content Studio. IF using a galaxy display, files will need to be sent with the M3 File Manager first. If files have been removed from that folder, buttons will be deleted that reference those files when refreshing the container.
Note: Once you have linked to a library, you cannot add new buttons to that container from a different folder. However, you can go back into the containers properties and break that link by selecting "unlink from default." Once you have made this change you cannot go back and link to library again.
How do I Create and Edit a Quick Display Container and Button in Display Studio?