- What is the best practice for how to import graphics into DMP-8000?
- VNet Player
- Importing Images and Animations
Steps for Adding Content to the DMP-8000
1. Plug the portable storage device into one of the user station’s USB ports, or insert the CD, DVD or memory card into the appropriate drive.
2. In Windows, open Windows Explorer (accessible via the Start Menu or by pressing the [Windows key + E]).
3. In Windows Explorer, navigate to the portable storage device, and then the folder containing the media files.
4. Within the folder, select the media files to be transferred by clicking them with the mouse. Multiple files may be selected by pressing and holding [CTRL] while clicking.
5. After selecting the file(s), copy them to the Windows clipboard. (Copying may be done in Windows Explorer by choosing the Edit menu, and then by clicking on Copy; or by pressing [CTRL+C].)
6. Locate the appropriate content folder for your Digital Media Player.
In Windows Explorer, navigate to the DMP-8000 content folder designated for the desired display, which is generally located at the following location:
For Windows XP machines: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Daktronics\VNET4\Content\Content Folder; where Content Folder refers to the folder where you wish to store the particular media file(s) you are importing.
For Windows 7 machines: C:\ProgramData\Daktronics\VNET4\Content\Content Folder, where Content Folder refers to the folder where you wish to store the particular media file(s) you are importing.
7. Paste the files copied in Step 5 into the chosen location under the Content Folder. (Pasting may be done in Windows Explorer by choosing the Edit menu and then clicking on Paste, or by clicking [CTRL+V].)
Folder Structure- With the DMP-8000 ,you can further organize files, and make them easier to locate with nested folders. Multiple levels of folders can help you track down the exact file you are looking for, and avoid the trouble of going through multiple files under the Content Folder. Keep in mind, multi-level or nested folders add a level of organization, but having too many levels can also become cumbersome. So, wherever possible, keep the nested folders to a minimum of two or three levels.
Naming Conventions-You can add extra value by assigning each file a unique name that will help make searching easier later.
Here are a few tips for naming files:
- Do not use special characters (!@#$%*)
- Underscores can make the files easier to read
- Add version numbers if you are testing material
- Be consistent
- Use brief but descriptive names- The name should reflect the creative (i.e. "addloop54303453" won't be easy to find later)
8. Repeat steps 3-7 as necessary until all media files have been transferred.
Show Control Media File Recommendations
What file formats or types does VNet (DMP-8000) and Venus 7000 (DMP-7000) all support?
Getting Started with Graphics Video
How to Load and Script Content with Show Control and DMP-8000 Video
How do I securely transfer content to my Daktronics System?