- How do I create a playlist override in Venus Control Suite?
- How do I create schedule interrupt or rotational override in Venus Control Suite?
- Product Family: Software
- Control System: Venus Control Suite Daktronics Hosted, Venus Control Suite Locally Hosted
Overrides are created as a way to create interrupt what is scheduled to play on your display. You can use overrides to quickly push messages to displays. This can be useful for site visits or in the event of an emergency.
- Click on Playlists from the Navigation Menu.
- Click the arrow on the Add New button.
- Select Override.
- Click the title of Untiled Override.
- Give the override playlist a title.
- Toggle the override to Active.
Enter Start Date and Start Time.Select the override mode.
- The override can be left as off or turned off at a later time to remove it from the display.
If exclusive, enter in the mode duration for exclusive. If rotational, select the duration and frequency. If exclusive then rotational, enter both exclusive duration and rotational duration and frequency. Click Save at the top.Click Edit under Playlist Files.Click the plus sign next to Media Library files to add to the override playlist.Click Save.Click Edit under Displays.Place a check mark next to the target display name.Click Save.
- Exclusive: The override will replace the schedule of any targeted displays.
- Rotational: The override will be added to the schedule of any targeted displays. This feature allows users to have a message rotate every x amount of presentations.
- Exclusive then Rotational: The override will first replace and then be added to the schedule of any targeted display.
Note: You can create multiple overrides that overlap a time period, but you need to make sure that both overrides are set up using the same override mode, either both being set to Exclusive or both set to Rotational.
Venus Learning Center
For additional information, please visit: http://www.daktronics.com/en-us/support/venus-control-suite/learning-center/Scheduling.