How do I change the community name/SNMP on the VFC-3000 controller?
- Product Family: Transportation
- Product: VF-, VX-, VL-series display (controlled by VFC-3000)
- Component: VFC-3000
- Control System: Vanguard Professional or Standard Software
- Switch the controller to LOCAL mode, and login using the keypad to enter administrator for the password.
- On the bottom of the login screen the last option is Change Password. You may have to arrow down to see this option.
- Select Change Password and enter the new password. Then go into Configuration, Reset Options, Reset Only to save this change.
- If the Change Password option doesn't exist. The controller will need a firmware update higher than 184.108.40.206.
- It is now necessary to update the Community (string) read-write name in the NTCIP software so that communication is possible between the VFC-3000 controller and the NTCIP software.
- Refer to How to Change the Community String Name in Vanguard V4 Professional software DD2814826
- Some third-party NTCIP software's Community (string) names are hard-coded and cannot be changed.
- Repeat steps 1 through 4 if a controller is restored to factory defaults, or is changed out with a spare.