- Single modules appear discolored on the display (brighter or darker on solid colors or color may be off).
- May be more noticeable for newly installed modules.
- Discoloration does not follow signal flow.
- Discoloration follows modules when moved.
- Product Family: Billboard, Video, Message Displays
- Product: DB-1000, DB-2000, DB-3000, DB-4000, DB-4100, DB-4200, DB-5000, DB-6000, DB-6400, DB-5100, GP3, GP4, Scorers' Table, Large Screen Video
- Components: VIP-4060, VIP-5060, DMP-4060, DMP-8060, DMP-8065, VLink 1500, ValoPlay
- Control System:
- Single modules are in need of color adjustment or manual calibration.
- Contact Daktronics Technical Support for assistance in color correcting the display.
- You will need to be on-site when calling to calibrate, you will be our eyes on site.
- Be sure to be standing at the normal viewing distance from the display, be positioned as straight-on as possible.
- The Daktronics technician will put the display into red, green, blue solid colors. There will be a crosshair on the display indicating which module is being adjusted.
- You will guide the technician to the correct module and inform them if the specific module is too bright or too dark compared to the rest of the modules around it.
- The technician will adjust the modules on each color until it blends in with the modules around it.
- Once all three colors are calibrated, the technician will put the display on white to verify that everything looks even.
Note: Some displays can be calibrated using a high-resolution digital camera, image processing software and pixel-level calibration tools to adjust the intensities of each individual LED. Reach out to professional services to learn if this solution would meet your display needs.