- What are the charging recommendations for RC-100/FLR-500 handhelds?
- What are some best practices / tips for long term storage of a RC-100 (e.g. ~ several months to a year)?
- RC-100 / FLR-500 Handheld
- The RC-100 handheld uses a rechargeable NiMH 2000mAh battery (new fully charged batteries will provide ~ 8-10 hours of operation)
- Some information on Recharging can be found in Section 4.3 of manual:
RC-100 All Sport Operation Manual (ED15133) (3.6mb)
In Season Use
- To charge a fully discharged RC-100 will normally take approximately 1.5 hours.
- It is okay to recharge the handheld before it is fully discharged.
Off Season / Long Term Storage Care
- The RC-100 / NiMH battery should be stored in a cool dry area at temperature of no less that 50° F (10° C) and no more the 86° F (30° C). Lower temperatures will promote a slower discharge rate.
- It is best to not leave the handheld plugged into the charger or in a charging docking station for prolonged periods of time (i.e. do not charge the handheld for more than a couple days).
- When storing the RC-100/batteries for the more than one year, charge the batteries at least once during that time period (i.e. 6 months in) to prevent leakage and deterioration of performance due to self-discharging.
- Long term storage can lead to the deactivation of reactions which can lead to increased battery voltage and decreased battery capacity.
- To restore the batteries to optimum performance, repeat several cycles of recharging and full discharging.
Note: By default the handheld will turn off after 45 minutes of nonuse. To turn this feature off, enter into the configuration menu and set the Power Save mode to "OFF". This will allow the handheld to stay on continuously to fully discharge the battery.