Display Studio: How do I Create Scripting Buttons?
- Display Studio Scripting
- Components: Display Studio, Scripting Container Buttons, DMP-7000, DMP-8000
- Control System: Show Control System (SCS)
Training Links and Video for New Features
- Display Studio: How to Customize Media File Duration
- Display Studio: How to I mark in or mark out my clips?
- Display Studio: How do I create audio level offsets in button?
- Display Studio: How to Configure Default Zone Transitions
- Display Studio: How do I create a playlist to play from a script button?
- Display Studio: How do I pause items on the first or last frames?
- Scripting Containers and Buttons
- The creation of scripting containers is the same across all versions of Show Control as are steps 1-3 of the button making process. Step 4 of creating a button has significant changes with the release of Show Control, version 2.15.
- If you don't already have a Workspace, Workspace Page, or Scripting container, follow the steps below. See: Display Studio: How to create a new scripting container? If you do, skip ahead to the Repeatable Steps detailing how to make buttons.
Within the scripting container, right click and select New Button
Step 1: Choose the player the button will be controlling
Step 2: Choose the zone/window the button will be controlling. Use the search bar above the zones to filter zones if needed. (The select all option is introduced in version 2.32.)
Step 3: Choose what the button's function will be. In most cases, it will be play.
Step 4: Choose the content to be played by clicking Add and navigating to the correct folder housing the desired content.
Highlight the selected content to configure the play options.
- The scrub T bar can be used to determine which frame of the content to use as the button's thumbnail. If the content selected in step 4 is a still, the scrub bar will be greyed out.
- Thumbnails can also be selected by clicking the thumbnail icon located in the top right of the button widget next to the color swatch.
- To finish button creation, give the button a name (the button will default to say play if a name is not created)
- (Optional) Give the button a color by selecting the color swatch in the top right hand corner of the button
- (Optional) Add any other scripting lines by, clicking the star icon next to step 1 and then the + icon.
- Repeat above for button creation as needed.
- Click save and then click the button to test.
KB ID: DD3056446
DISCLAIMER: Use of this content may void the equipment warranty, please read the disclaimer prior to performing any service of the equipment.
DAKTRONICS DOES NOT PROMISE THAT THE CONTENT PROVIDED HEREIN IS ERROR-FREE OR THAT ANY DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT WILL PROVIDE SPECIFIC RESULTS. THE CONTENT IS DELIVERED ON AN "AS-IS" AND "AS-AVAILABLE" BASIS. ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS ARTICLE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR THE ACTS, OMISSIONS AND CONDUCT OF YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES IN CONNECTION WITH OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT. ADJUSTMENT, REPAIR, OR SERVICE OF THE EQUIPMENT BY ANYONE OTHER THAN DAKTRONICS OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPAIR AGENTS MAY VOID THE EQUIPMENT WARRANTY. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT AND ANY LINKED CONTENT. YOUR SOLE REMEDY AGAINST DAKTRONICS FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE CONTENT IS TO STOP USING THE CONTENT. THIS LIMITATION OF RELIEF IS A PART OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES.
The above disclaimer applies to any property damage, equipment failure, liability, infringement, or personal injury claim arising out of or in any way related to your use or application of the content, whether such claim is for breach of contract, tort, negligence or any other cause of action.