How to set up Tascomms32 communication for Stat Crew and other Com File Interfaces for a Daktronics System
How to set up Tascomms32 communication for Stat Crew/ TAS for Daktronics System?
- Product: Stat Crew Interface (hosted by DSTI)
- Component: Tascomms32
- Control System: NCAA Sports
Note: Reference How do I set up Stat Crew with the All Sport, DSTI, and DMPs? for more information on Stat Crew and DSTI setup.
Download Tascomms32 make sure that the latest version of Comms32 is installed. This should be acquired through Stat Crew. This is often available from StatCrew. https://www.statcrew.com/downloads
1. Go to Start > Programs > TasComms32 > TasComms32.
2. When setting up TasComms32, two outputs are available: serial output or file output. Determine which type of connection is being used between the stats computer and the DSTI.
- Select Scoreboard data under Incoming data format.
- Select the appropriate Sport.
- Set the Monitor file to point to the correct sport folder.
C:\statcrew\comfile.sb for Basketball (Note: In next gen it's output.sb instead)
C:\tasbs\comfile for Baseball
C:\tasfb\comfile for Football
C:\tashk\comfile for Hockey
C:\tasvb\comfile for Volleyball
4. Configure your output method
Serial output is used when the stats and DSTI computers are connected using a Serial (COM) port.
- Click COM1 to select another port if necessary; for example, if the port is already communicating with an All Sport 5000.
- Check Enable output.
- Select Scoreboard data as the Outgoing data format.
- Set protocol as follows:
- Set the Baud Rate to 9600.
- Set the Data Bits to 8.
- Set the Parity to None.
- Set the Stop Bits to 1.
- Tascomms32 and DSTI can be on the same computer or can be on two separate computers that are networked together with this scenario. Shared drive for Tascomms32 will need to be mapped on Tascomms32 computer.
- Ensure "Enable output" is unchecked under "Main COM port".
- Set up the file output by clicking the Miscellaneous tab.
- In the "Drop" input into file field one of following to match your sport. Note if DSTI is on same computer C: will be correct. If DSTI is on a separate computer you will need to use the mapped drive letter. *File path should match DSTI file path. The username to map the drive should be User or V7000, and the password should be dakpass7.
- C:\statcrew\comfile.dak for Basketball
- C:\tasbs\comfile.dak for Baseball
- C:\tasfb\comfile.dak for Football
- C:\tashk\comfile.dak for Hockey
- C:\tasvb\comfile.dak for Volleyball
Click "Start Monitoring" or Start 'Monitor File' at the top of the TasComm32 program to begin viewing the data from the Stat Crew software. After clicking the "Start Monitoring" button the button should turn green and shortly after that a white terminal window will appear with stats.
Note: Before continuing, make sure that Stat Crew is open and sending current game information. Also confirm data is updating by entering a play in the Stat Crew software which should then appear in the terminal window of TasComm32 program.
Note: If the error "Incoming data is stats display" appears in your TasComms32 software the Stat Crew Remote Display in Match Setup is not configured to Scoreboard.
Check the terminal type in the Stat Crew software and confirm the type selected is Scoreboard. Also confirm that the proper comfile is being monitored in TasComms32 software. For more detailed instructions please select your relevant sport or issue from How do I set up Stat Crew with the All Sport, DSTI, and DMPs? .
Training Video- Introduction to DSTI
Training Video - Interfacing with Stat Crew
KB ID: DD2557286
DISCLAIMER: Use of this content may void the equipment warranty, please read the disclaimer prior to performing any service of the equipment.
DAKTRONICS DOES NOT PROMISE THAT THE CONTENT PROVIDED HEREIN IS ERROR-FREE OR THAT ANY DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT WILL PROVIDE SPECIFIC RESULTS. THE CONTENT IS DELIVERED ON AN "AS-IS" AND "AS-AVAILABLE" BASIS. ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS ARTICLE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR THE ACTS, OMISSIONS AND CONDUCT OF YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES IN CONNECTION WITH OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT. ADJUSTMENT, REPAIR, OR SERVICE OF THE EQUIPMENT BY ANYONE OTHER THAN DAKTRONICS OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPAIR AGENTS MAY VOID THE EQUIPMENT WARRANTY. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT AND ANY LINKED CONTENT. YOUR SOLE REMEDY AGAINST DAKTRONICS FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE CONTENT IS TO STOP USING THE CONTENT. THIS LIMITATION OF RELIEF IS A PART OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES.
The above disclaimer applies to any property damage, equipment failure, liability, infringement, or personal injury claim arising out of or in any way related to your use or application of the content, whether such claim is for breach of contract, tort, negligence or any other cause of action.