- How do you create MediaRTD Possession Indicators in Content Studio? (Football/Basketball)
- All Sport 5000
- Content Studio
This article is meant to show you how to put Media RTD into use. Refer to Best Practice for Creating Media RTD Fields in Content Studio, DD3070725.
Media RTD fields are fields that display images for real time data fields, instead of alphanumerical data.
Example: I want to use an image of a basketball or football to indicate possesion instead of < and > indicators.
- DMP-8000 Supported File Types: VMPL, VMPF, AVI, BMP, JPG, JPEG, PNG, MPG, MPEG, and SWF
- Images must be stored in the MediaRTD folder, located under C:\Program Data\Daktronics\VNET4\Content\MediaRTD
DMP-7000 Supported File Types: BMP, JPG, PNG, GIF, and TIF
- What the file should be named:
- Possesion information comes into the Daktronics system as the abbreviation POSS. Therefore, the basketball or football image files need to be named POSS.png.
- What content studio RTD field to use (for this example we are using football):
- Game In Progress: Football
- Use Home/Guest Possession Text (' ' or 'POSS')
- What application the stat comes from:
- Possession information comes from the Allsport console for both football and basketball.
- What the file would look like:
- Typically, brightly colored and/or realistic looking footballs or basketballs are used with a slightly greyed out placeholder near each team name and/or logo.
- The football/basketball will fill in the placeholder depending on which team has possession as it is entered into the Allsport console.