Since 1968, Daktronics has been reinventing the way you display. We are the world's industry leader in designing and manufacturing electronic scoreboards, programmable display systems and large screen video displays. It's our passion to continuously provide the highest quality standard display products as well as custom-designed and integrated systems.
We believe that we are the manufacturer most people turn to worldwide for LED display and scoreboard systems. Here are just a few reasons businesses continue to choose us.
Dynamically leading our industry.
From humble beginnings.
Daktronics was founded in 1968 by Drs. Aelred Kurtenbach and Duane Sander, professors of electrical engineering at South Dakota State University in Brookings, SD. The company began with the design and manufacture of electronic voting systems for state legislatures.
In 1971, Daktronics developed the patented Matside® wrestling scoreboard, the first product in the company's growing and evolving line.
In 1994, Daktronics, Inc. became a publicly traded company, offering shares under the symbol DAKT on the NASDAQ National Market system.
Today, Daktronics has grown from a small company operating out of a garage to the world leader, offering the most complete product lineup in the display industry.
To be the world leader at informing and entertaining audiences through dynamic audio-visual communications systems.
- Deliver industry leading value to our
- by engaging our
employees through challenging and rewarding opportunities, and
- developing strategic partnerships with our
- leveraging our strengths in
product innovation, manufacturing, and service;
- while contributing to the betterment of our
- generating an attractive return for our
Read about our successes and industry involvement.
720,560 square feet of manufacturing space.
The main manufacturing facilities are located at our corporate headquarters in Brookings, SD, with additional facilities in Sioux Falls, SD; Redwood Falls, Minnesota; and Shanghai, China. Our manufacturing capabilities include circuit board manufacture, electronic assembly, metal fabrication, welding, painting, final assembly, testing and shipping.
Unlike many of our competitors who purchase overseas, we believe in designing and manufacturing almost all of our subassemblies used in our products, including digits and display modules.
MANUFACTURING FACILITIES FACTS
- Flow through facility with multiple final assembly areas
- Automated LED/electronic component insertion
- 100% solid state electronics
- Conformal coating on drive electronics
- Environmentally-sealed digits and modules
- Printed circuit board fabrication
- Wave solder and aqueous wash
- Computerized metal fabrication
- Proprietary calibration systems
- Multiple paint booths and overhead cranes
- Component and system test facilities
- Indoor shipping and loading
Daktronics Brand Assets
Are you a sign company, media outlet or nonprofit organization? Go to our Brand Assets page to download our logo in various formats.