- How do I access the Daktronics Remote Display Configuration utility to configure the GS6 display?
- How do I find the IP of a GS6 display to be changed?
- Product Family: Message Displays
- Product: GS6, Electronic Message Center (EMC) or Board (EMB), Marquee, Readerboard
- Component: Daktronics Remote Display Configuration, Display Finder
- Control System:
Step 1: Locate the current IP address or DHCP name of the Display using one of the two options listed below. When complete, proceed to Step 2.
- Option 1: Use the display start up sequence to discover the current IP address or DHCP name of the sign.
- Power display down.
- Wait 20 seconds.
- Power display back up.
- Watch the start up sequence of the display. The DCHP name or IP address will be listed. Hint: If you have a smart phone use the camera on it to record the start up sequence on the sign to easily capture the IP or DHCP name.
- Option 2: Use Display finder to discover the IP address to the sign.
- Run Display Finder utility to discover the IP address of the sign. The computer that Display Finder is running from has to be on a similar network scheme as the display for best results. Note: By default the display will ship out setup as DHCP. Directly connecting a computer that is set to obtain automatically on the NIC will give you the best chance to discover the IP address of the display.
Step 2: Use the IP or DHCP name that was found to connect to the display's Daktronics Remote Display Configuration utility to setup the IP scheme.
- Open up a web browser.
- Connect to the VIP web interface by entering the current IP address or DHCP name found in step 1 in the address bar followed by colon 85 to designate the port number (ex. http://192.168.10.10:85). Note: If the port is not added you will connect to the DMP web configuration page. Do not change the IP address settings on the DMP.
- When prompted with the windows security box enter the display Username and Password.
- Click Ok to log in. Note: Click the Try Again button if time out page loads while entering log in credentials.
Refer to the manual for more information.