- How to set source transitions for play command scripts in Show Control
- How to create a default transition for content in Show Control.
Product Family: Control Systems
Components: DMP-8000 Player (version 7.20 or above)
Control System: Show Control
22.214.171.124 or above)
The default transition will work for any play list command or quick display content. It is recommended to create a separate script button for default transitions or incorporate the command it in a startup script. This allows for a quicker way to alter transitions vs. imbedding a transition script into every play command.
- For an introduction to scripting in Show Control, see:
How to Create Scripting Containers and Buttons.
- Create a new script button within a scripting container. This will be a default script button. After this button is selected, the transitions will default to the specified setting. The same default transition will also apply to items in a quick display playlist.
- To start a line of script, select the + icon in the bottom left of the newly created button. Give the button a name. Examples for this application would be Default Fade Zone Transition, Default Cube Zone Transition, etc.
- In Step 1, choose the DMP-8000 Player Control.
- In Step 2, choose the zone for the transition.
- In Step 3, scroll down and choose Set Zone Transition.
- In Step 4, choose the transition and the duration. Choices are: cut, fade, circle, cover, cube, doorway, dissolve, flip, fold, page curl, push, radial random squares, reveal, swap, and wipe.
The duration will be the time for the transition to complete.
- Click save and then click the button to test.
- To verify this is working, play content via script or playlist button and look for the transitions at the beginning.
The script steps are also demonstrated below:
Here is an example of what the cube transition looks like: