How to verify LiveStats IAU settings for NCAA stats communication?
- Product Family: Sport Software and Controllers
- Product: DSTI - Daktronics Scoring and Timing Interface, Data Studio Basketball
- Component: COM file
- Control System: NCAA, NCAA LiveStats for Volleyball (NLS for Volleyball), Genius Sports, LiveStats for Basketball
Do this if the Com File is NOT appearing in the specified folder or the file is not named correctly.
Note: The following information and configuration is just an example. Your setup may be different. For instance, the following is expecting both the interface and data provider to be installed on the same machine. If that is not the case, the folder in DSTI or Data Studio will need to be shared and Genius will need to be configured to output the .sb file to the shared network folder (either by name or by IP).
- With LiveStats and the In-Arena Utility or IAU tool up and running, navigate to C:\[Sport], or example: C:\Volleyball. Verify if LiveStats is currently writing a COM file to the location. The file should be named comfile.sb.
- If a COM file is available, check to see if DSTI is reading the file by selecting View Data in DSTI. If data is present, verify that stats can be sent to the display by playing stat related content.
For details, See: How do I install DSTI for the LiveStats for NCAA Volleyball COM file?
Data Studio users:
- With LiveStats and the In-Arena Utility or IAU tool up and running, navigate to C:\[Sport], or example: C:\Volleyball.
- Verify if LiveStats is currently writing a COM file to the desired location. The file should be named comfile.sb.
- If a COM file is available, log into Data Studio Basketball and go to the Data Providers Page.
- Click on the NCAA XML.
- Under the Game File Location, verify the exact path to the file.
- This should match the predetermined LivStats file location.
- This should be a local or hosted file. If the file is Hosted, a Username and Password is needed to access the FTP site.
- Under Read Interval, enter a time (in seconds) of how often the file should be read; leaving this set to “0” will update every time the file changes.
- Data should be populating on the Stats Dashboard in Data Studio Basketball if the configured LiveStats folder is updating.
Verify the LiveStats IAU settings.
- If a COM file is NOT appearing in the specified folder, or the file is not named correctly, do the following:
- In the Live Stats IAU tool, select volleyball as your sport.
- In the IAU tool ensure the IP address is set to localhost and the port is set to 7677.
- Select connections and verify there is a connection set up to output to Daktronics and verify the settings with the image below. If there is not an output configured, configure one based on these settings.
- Format: Stat Crew Serial Scoreboard
- File Name Mode: Custom
- Filename: comfile.sb
- The location needs to be sent to the mapped network folder on the DSTI machine that the customer has created.
- The COM file should now be available in C:\Volleyball
- Check to see if DSTI is reading the file by selecting View Data in DSTI or view the Stats Dashboard for Data Studio users.
- If data is present, verify that stats can be sent to the display by playing stat related content.