How to Create Command Sequences to be used for VDCP Triggering
- How to create Venus 7000 command frames for switcher triggering
Product Family: Software; Control Systems; Integration
Product: DMP-8000; DMP-7000
Components: VDCP Triggering
Control System: Show Control System; Venus 7000
Create a sequence in V7 Sequence Designer by going to the Venus 7000 Shell and clicked on Edit (pencil icon).
- Create the new sequence under the COMMAND SIGN display and the library you have created for VDCP scripts, usually named Switcher.
- Give the file a name, and click OK.
- A new sequence will open and will display as a small black square.
- Go to Frame > Insert > Command... to insert a command frame.
- Enter the first line of script.
- ADD > RTD PlaySequence
- Click Next>
- Then, enter the RTD Port for your commands (typically 16). Click Next>.
- Enter in the options for your RTD Play Sequence
- Sign Number: Enter the number assigned to your DMP-8000 zone.
- Display Mode: 0-continuous/# times is most common
- Number of Times: Leave the 0 in # of times if you want to continuously play the file or change it to a specific value, such as 1, to play the file a certain number of times.
- Drive Letter: C for DMP-8000s
- Library: will be the name of the folder the content is in that you wish to play
- It is common to make a "Switcher" folder within the Content folder on the DMP-8000 to put all content that will be triggered by the switcher to keep it easy to find. If this is the case, put "Switcher" in the library section.
- You can also enter in the full folder path, beginning from the Content folder, under you standard content structure instead of copying to a separate folder. (i.e. Fullscreen/Prompts/)
- Sequence: the exact name of the file you wish to play, including the file extension. You must manually type this in! Copy and Paste is highly recommended to avoid mistakes!
- Click Next > Finish to complete your RTDPlaySequence command line.
- Copy and paste the line you just made for as many files as you need played, paused, blanked, etc., walking through the steps above setting the proper values. Make sure to only use the commands beginning with "RTD__".
- When you have finished adding all RTD commands: Go to Frame > Add. this will bring in a black frame that holds for 5 seconds. To view or change these properties, directly below it in the bottom bar of the software, click on Properties.
- Insert another Command frame: Frame > Insert > Command...
- ADD > RTDBlankSign > Port 16 > Sign # for your command sign
- Lastly, you'll need to delete the first black frame that was created when you started the new sequence.
- Use the arrows on the top to navigate to the first frame.
- Hit the (-) minus symbol to delete the current frame.
- Save the sequence and close.
- Note: If you leave this sequence open in V7 Sequence Designer, it will not work when triggered by the switcher.
You can test the functionality of the script before attempting to trigger from the switcher by playing it back from the Venus 7000 shell.
- From the Venus 7000 Shell, go to Display
- Navigate to the command sign and library where the script is saved (i.e. Switcher) and find the file you wish to test.
- Highlight the file and select Play from the right hand side.
- Verify the script functions as you intended.
How to Configure VDCP and Ross Switcher with DMP-7000
How to Configure VDCP and Sony/Odetics Protocols with DMP-7000?