How do you set up a data trigger in Data Studio (Data Server)?
- Ex: How do you set up a data trigger for speed of pitch?
Product Family: Sports Product; Control System
Product: Data Studio/Server
Control System: Triggering Widget
Automated data triggers let you setup ERTD play sequence commands to occur based on changes in real-time data.
Note: This feature requires a package file that needs to be turned on for the customer to use. This is a one time license. This article outlines how to implement an enhanced feature. If you want assistance with adding new elements to your show, visit our Professional Services Site to submit your contact information.
Launch Data Studio and click on the gear icon in the Triggering Plug-In (tile) to launch the Configure Data Package Window
- There are 5 types of conditions that can be built:
- ><= Greater than, less than or equal to
- And Or If the data is in this situation and/or this event occurs
- Change If the data specified changes, I want to trigger something. Also can choose increases or decreases instead of changes for the condition
- SubText Custom condition
- Not If the data doesn't change, this happens
- ExpressionBuilderWindow and start configuring a conditionSelect any of the 5 conditions to open the
- Depending on the condition selected, the values you can determine for each condition will be listed. In the example below, the condition is a ><= condition for Speed of Pitch
- Package: The packages are determined by the package you have loaded for Data Studio. Depending on the data sources configured, you may have a drop down here for the different plug-ins available to you
- DID: This will automatically fill in based on the Package selected
- Table: Use this to determine which point of the data you are trying to get information from. With some packages, there will not be a drop down of options
- Field: Data fields from which the conditions are based on + the condition you are using. All the data fields pull from the DID
- Once a condition is finished, select save to go back to the Condition Editor Window. Here, you can continue to add more conditions or continue on to building the trigger by closing the editor
- Once back to the triggering window, right click on the Condition header to open a sub-menu and select Add Trigger
- Once a trigger tree is built starting with all true (>>>>>), right click on the tree to access another sub-menu. Select Add Subtrigger
- Once a Subtrigger is added, a drop down of the conditions that have been built will be listed. Every condition that has been created will need a subtrigger for it to be added
- Once the condition(s) is added, the action that needs to take place if the condition is met needs to be created by selecting one of the action options to open the ActionBuilderWindow
- There are 3 types of actions:
- Play File: Set a file to play to a designated sign number. Example of a play file action is below
- Blank Sign: Blank a specified sign number
- Wait: Set a wait command before another action takes place
- Once the action information is filled in, select Save to close the ActionBuilderWindow and go back to the triggering window
- You can select the Details header to see what action will take place if the condition is met as well as the logic used
- Subtriggers can be set to All or First to have all conditions active or see if the first conditions has been met, if not, the trigger looks at the next condition and so on
- Behavior can be set to Recurring so that every time to condition is met, the trigger action takes place or set to Once so that when the condition is met, the trigger action occurs and then will not occur again. Ex: A rusher crosses the 100 yard mark and special content plays, but if he loses 3 yards and then gets 5 yards on the next 2 plays, that content doesn't trigger a second time.
- Once all triggers are built, select Save and make sure the Triggering Plug-In (tile) has updated to reflect the number of triggers that have been built. The true trigger (>>>>>) will always count as 1 trigger