How do I save the configuration files of a NovaStar Sender box?
- Product Family: Sender Box / Receiver Card
- Product: Nova MCTRL 600, Nova MCTRL 660, NovaStar VX4S, PBOX 100, NovaStar brand sender box and receiver cards
- Components: NovaLCT-Mars
- Control System: World Wide Gold, Limited Compliance Gold, NPP Control using transmit common/open protocol
- This includes but not limited to DVN-4003, J Series, U Series, Q Series, JVX, QVN-1000, and ZPN.
Log in- How do I log into the NovaStar NovaLCT-Mars Sender Box?
- Go to Users tab/Advanced User Login (password: admin or 666).
- Click on the Screen Config icon.
- Choose the corresponding COM port, config screen and click next.
There are four types of configuration files at present, the module configuration file, the receiver card configuration file, the LED display configuration file and the system configuration file.
Save all system configuration files
To save settings to a system configuration file, click the Save Config File button at the bottom of the Screen Config window and follow the instructions.
Load all system configuration file
Select Load Config File option, use Browse button to select the system configuration file to be loaded and then click Next. The selected configuration file will be automatically loaded to the LED display system. The LED display system will have been configured when the load operation is finished. For more details, see: How do I replace a NovaStar Sender Box?
Save to File- is used to save screen information files as screen information file (*.scr).
Send to HW- This is used to send the LED display configuration settings to the connected sending board.
Save-This is used to save the settings to a FLASH chip. The saved data won’t be lost even the hardware is powered off
Saving Individual files:
1. Click on the Scan Board/Receiving Card Tab :
Module Configuration File -Saved in a module configuration file are the settings of modules. Module configuration files can be used for quick configuration of modules requiring the same kind of settings.
- Click on the >> button in the Module Info panel of the Scan Board/Receiving Card Tab .
- Choose Option 2 or 3 in the Smart Setting dialog
in Step 2, select corresponding files and modules and smart setting is done.
- Click Finish to finish
smart setting after saving the settings.
Receiver Card Configuration File - Saved in a receiver card configuration file are the settings of receiver cards. Receiver card configuration files can be used for quick configuration of cabinets requiring the same kind of settings.
- Towards the bottom, click “Save to file” to save receiving card information as configuration file.
- Save the configuration file of cabinet (.rcfg) to the local PC.
System Configuration File
Saved is a system configuration file is the complete setting information of a LED display control system. It can be used to quickly recover a LED display control system from error, or to quickly start a LED display.
3. Click on the Screen Connection tab.
LED Display Configuration File
Saved in a LED display configuration file are the information of how receiver cards are put together to construct a LED display. The LED display configuration files can be used for quick construction of a LED display.
How do I replace a NovaStar Sender Box?