- How do I setup RSS image feed in VCS?
Product Family: Message Displays
Control System: Venus Control Suite
- Select Data Feeds on left sidebar ( </> symbol).
- Click "Add New" button near top.
- Type a name for the feed in the "Name of Feed" field.
- Provide URL of feed in the "Feed URL" field. (Remove any "?width=xx [where xx equals an integer] from the end of the URL) (Should test URL feed beforehand in website like http://feedbucket.com to ensure it is a valid feed)
- Enter desired update interval in the "Update Every" fields.
- Under "Data Feed Components" section click on the " Add Components" button to add a component.
- Click on the "Confirm" button in the "Add Component Confirmation" dialog box that pops up.
- Type a name for the component in the "Component Name" field.
- Select Image on the drop down for the "Data Type" field.
- In the "Select an Element" section open up the tree view for RSS followed by the branch for channel and then the desired branch of the item that you wish to pull from the feed. Under this item branch open up the enclosure branch. In the enclosure branch place a checkmark next to the URL selection.
- Looking under the "Preview" section confirm that you see the desired image and that status field in that section says Good. If the image is not the desired one you may need to repeat step 10 until the desired item branch is found that contains the image you need.
- Complete the process by clicking on the "Update" button at the top.
- Repeat steps 6-12 for any remaining components that you need to add.
- Finish the data feed setup by clicking on the "Save" button near the top.
Now that the RSS feed is setup it's components are available for use in the creation of messages using the "Add Dynamic Field" button in the web compositor.