- How do I secure my Sierra Wireless modem for use with digital displays?
- How do I disable Telnet to my modem?
- How do I set my modem so it doesn't respond to pings?
- How do I disable HTTP access to my modem?
- How to disable outbound SSH and telnet traffic on a Sierra Wireless modem?
- Product Family: Billboards, Message Displays, Transportation
- Components: Sierra Wireless AirLink modems or gateways with a static IP address assigned
- Raven XE/XT, LS300, GX400, GX440, GX450, ES450, RV50, MP70
- Control System:
NOTE: The steps below are specific to Sierra Wireless modems, but can be generally applied to most other modem providers. Please work directly with your Internet Service Provider (ISP) or modem provider for detailed instructions.
- Verify the modem's firmware is up to date, follow DD3643150.
- Change the default password on the modem, follow DD3498229.
Connect to the modem again and log in.
- (New steps added to DD3498229 for changing the Viewer password on Sept. 11, 2017)