- How to replace a NovaStar Sender Box?
- Product Family: Sender Box
- Product: Nova MCTRL300, Nova MCTRL 600, Nova, MCTRL 660, NovaStar VX4S
- Components: NovaLCT-Mars
- Control System: Gold family or NPP Control using transmit common/open protocol, includes but not limited to DVN-4003, J Series, U Series, Q Series
- Power off the old sending box and display will be blank during the replacement.
- Unplug the Ethernet cable, USB cable, DVI cable and power cable from the sending box. Label the Ethernet cable with output 1 and output 2.
- Replace the new sending box and reconnect Ethernet cable to output 1 and output 2 to new sending box. Reconnect the USB cable and DVI cable to new sending box.
- Connect the light sensor connector to the light sensor port on back of sending box and place light sensor near the display.
- Power on the sending box and reference How to configure a NovaStar Sender Box with NovaLCT-Mars? to configure the new sending box.
Note: A backup of the same sender box can be used vs completing a new configuration. See below for details.
Load the backup config:
When replacing a Sender Box, the primary backup files can be used for the backup box. However, do not use that config for another display. This will cause: NovaStar controlled display looks checkered or garbled after hardware changes
Backup files- How do I save the configuration files of a NovaStar Sender box? In this example, the sending box backup file has been stored on the desktop names sending box backup xxxx,
1. Log in- How do I log into the NovaStar NovaLCT-Mars Sender Box?
2. Use admin to login the Nova LCT-Mars
2. Click screen configuration icon and then select the load configuration.
3. Click Browse to the file on the desktop and load .scfg file.
4. Click next to load the backup file.
5. The configuration should have been done.
Advanced Color Configuration (if used)
1. Click Settings and then click Advanced Color Configuration
2. Set up R G B value to picture shows below, adjust the bar rather than inputting value directly.
3. Click save to HW to finish the RGB value setting.
How do I save the configuration files of a NovaStar Sender box?