- What is the best practice for exporting 3rd Party content for DMP-7000?
- Product Family: Software, Control System
- Component: Adobe® After Effects®
- Control System:
- The following explains recommended procedure settings required for proper exporting (rendering) of AVI files from Adobe® After Effects®.
Step 1: Create Content in the Appropriate Sign Size
- For best quality, create the composition using project settings that reflect the same pixel dimensions as the window in which the content will be displayed. This example will demonstrate creating content for a display with a window size of 96x224 pixels.
- File >New> New Project Composition> New Composition
- Uncheck Lock Aspect Ratio to 7:3 Box
- Width = width of display window
- Height = height of display window
- Pixel Aspect Ratio: Square Pixels
- Frame Rate: 29.97
Step 2: Ensure All Video Footage is De-Interlaced
- It is recommended that all video footage (any footage acquired from a camera) be de-interlaced prior to exporting. Leaving video interlaced may cause undesirable flickering or lines through the picture on the video display.
In the "Main Options" tab, under the 'Fields and Pulldown' section, change the 'Separate Fields:' dropdown to 'Lower Field First'. Click 'Ok'.
- Click on the video file in the "Project" window. Interpret Footage>Main
Step 3: Export (Render) the Composition
Click on the word Lossless next to Output Module and ensure settings are as follows:
- Add composition to render queue.
- Composition>Add to Render Queue (keyboard shortcut Ctrl + M)
- Yellow tabs designate the work area. Click "Yes" to create a schedule.
Click OK to apply these settings and return to the Render Queue.Delegate a file name and destination by clicking on the text next to Output To:
- Format: AVI
- Include Project link Box: Checked
- Post - Render Action: None
- Include Source XMP Metadata box: Unchecked
- Video Output box: Checked
- Channels: RGB
- Depth: Millions of Colors
- Color: Premultiplied (Matted)
- Resize box: Unchecked
- Crop box: Unchecked
- Audio Output box: Unchecked
- Format Options Button: Video Tab
- Video Codec: None
Click Render (keyboard shortcut Enter)
- Note: Filenames used in DMP-7000 must be 32 characters or less.
- The composition will proceed to render (export) and a yellow progress bar will appear.
Note: The time this process takes varies based on file size and computer speed. Smaller projects may finish rendering within seconds while larger files may take up to several minutes or even hours to complete this process.