The steps outlined, if performed incorrectly, may result in equipment failure. Do not attempt these steps without proper training and understanding of product operation. Consult a Daktronics support technician if you need assistance.
- Display goes through start up sequence and then either shows MEMORY ERROR on the display face or the display is blank.
- Memory is at 13MB when viewed in M2Config/VLMS.
- Failed to transfer Guid.dat file error occurs when connecting to the display with M2Config.
Venus 1500 v4 Software Symptoms:
- Unable to publish content to the display but can get status.
Visiconn Software Symptoms:
- Visiconn shows display not connected (RED).
- Visiconn will not upload content.
Show Control Software Symptoms
- Unable to send messages through Display Studio.
- M3 File Manager will not transfer files.
- The Display studio status is green with no errors but when a quick display button is pressed the status turns red, and the M3 controller status changes to not responding.
- Product Family: Message Display, Sports Products, Billboard
- Product: Galaxy: AF-3500, AF-3550 (Standard & GNet), AF-3700, Billboard: ValoPlay, Scorer's Table: ST-2014, ST-2016, Sports Star: SS
- Component: M3 controller
- Control System: Venus 1500 V4, Visiconn, Show Control
- Memory card is not recognized by controller.
Remote Troubleshooting steps
- Connect to the Controller.
Select the Status tab .
- Use M2Config for Galaxy Products.
- Use VLink Management (VLMS) for ValoPlay products.
- Locate the Storage section and note the Total Memory.
- If the Total Memory is at 13.00 MB or less the controller is not picking up the SD card.
- Perform a Clear Sign Memory Reset and Defragment on the controller using M2Config/VLMS. These functions are located under the Tools tab. KB - Display shows MEMORY ERROR or is blank, Controller memory is at ~13MBs, Resolution 1 of 3, DD2501074.
- If these steps don’t resolve the issue remotely then Onsite (access to the display) troubleshooting will be needed. It is recommended if travel to site is needed to bring a controller board.
Onsite Troubleshooting steps
- Power down the controller. Note: Never remove or unseat the memory card while the display is powered on!
- Take out the SD card, make sure that the contacts are clean and not dirty.
- Reinsert the SD card and apply power back to the controller.
- When the Controller is powered back on connect to it and check the storage amount to see if its more than the 13.00 MB. KB - Display shows MEMORY ERROR or is blank, Controller memory is at ~13MBs, Resolution 2 of 3, DD2093966.
- If the Controller is still reading 13.00 MB or less for the total memory, the Controller will need to be replaced. KB - Display shows MEMORY ERROR or is blank, Controller memory is at ~13MBs, Resolution 3 of 3, DD2452770.