- Message studio acts like it is loading, but after loading the screen is not visible.
- No error or alerts when loading Message studio.
- When minimizing and maximizing the window, user can see it maximize off screen.
- Product Family: Software
- Component: Message Studio
- Control System: Venus 1500 V3
Every time the user closes Message Studio it saves where it was last on the screen, so that it can place itself in the same place the next time it launches. If Message Studio is closed when it is off the screen, it will launch off the screen the next time.
Important: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly, so it is recommended that this only be performed by an IT professional. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to back up and restore the registry in Windows
Perform the following steps for resetting the starting coordinates of the Message Studio window:
browse to hkey_current_user->software->Daktronics->Venus 1500->v2->Venus 1500 message studio->settings
Double click App_x and input “0” for Value data. Then double click App_y and input “0” for Value data.
Once this is done, open up Message Studio and it should be in the top left corner.
Note: Some resizing of the Message Studio window may be needed since the size of the window was not modified; only the location was modified.
For Temporary Operation
- Right click the Message Studio icon on the Windows task bar.
- Click Maximize Window or Cascade Windows to try and get the window to appear on the screen so it can be moved to an optimal position.