Display Studio: How to create scripts that send commands to Ross gear?
- How to create Display Studio scripts that send commands to Ross gear?
- Product Family: Software, Control System
- Components: Display Studio, RossTalk
- Control System: Show Control System (SCS) version 188.8.131.52+
This scripting functionality provides the ability to control Ross devices in addition to our player and processors. The GPI command is GPIO protocol and can be used for sending to commands that are not Ross products.
- Examples include:
- Triggering a production switcher for smaller events with a single operator.
- Sending commands to third party systems such as Cisco, Ross Video, and Click Effects.
- Sending commands to lighting system controllers and other third party systems used in spectaculars and houses of worship.
- Create a Script button in Display Studio.
- Right click, select New button
- Add Line
- Choose RossTalk
- Specify the RossTalk command
- Enter the computer address or name that you wish to talk to.
- Enter the port #. The default port is 7788.
- Choose from the list of commands to send to Ross Video gear.
- Supported Commands: GPI, SWAP, TAKE, DOWN, UP, FOCUS, NEXT, READ, RESUME, SEQI, SEQO, CC, KEYCUT, KEYAUTO, MLECUT, MLEAUTO, XPT, CLRA, CLFB, CUE, GPO (Note, new commands added in Show Control 2.20 or later.)
- Enter in any appropriate protocol for proper communication.
- Choose save.
- Add any additional commands as needed.
The above article outlines how to implement an enhanced feature.? If you want assistance with adding new elements to your show, visit our Professional Services Site to submit your contact information.
KB ID: DD3764641
DISCLAIMER: Use of this content may void the equipment warranty, please read the disclaimer prior to performing any service of the equipment.
DAKTRONICS DOES NOT PROMISE THAT THE CONTENT PROVIDED HEREIN IS ERROR-FREE OR THAT ANY DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT WILL PROVIDE SPECIFIC RESULTS. THE CONTENT IS DELIVERED ON AN "AS-IS" AND "AS-AVAILABLE" BASIS. ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS ARTICLE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR THE ACTS, OMISSIONS AND CONDUCT OF YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES IN CONNECTION WITH OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT. ADJUSTMENT, REPAIR, OR SERVICE OF THE EQUIPMENT BY ANYONE OTHER THAN DAKTRONICS OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPAIR AGENTS MAY VOID THE EQUIPMENT WARRANTY. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT AND ANY LINKED CONTENT. YOUR SOLE REMEDY AGAINST DAKTRONICS FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE CONTENT IS TO STOP USING THE CONTENT. THIS LIMITATION OF RELIEF IS A PART OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES.
The above disclaimer applies to any property damage, equipment failure, liability, infringement, or personal injury claim arising out of or in any way related to your use or application of the content, whether such claim is for breach of contract, tort, negligence or any other cause of action.