DakStats: How do I remove duplicate players in my roster
- I have duplicate players in my DakStats roster.
- One of the duplicate players has no season stats.
- Product: DakStats
- Components: DakStats Web-Sync
- Control System:
- When users import games from other computers, they are asked to match up their roster with the roster being imported. If the user clicks Add New instead of Select, a new player will be created.
- Some users are not aware they can change players’ numbers on the Configure > Rosters screen instead of creating a new player with the same name but different number.
- Attempt to delete both instances of the player. If you cannot, proceed to the next step.
- Go to Configure > Rosters, and select your team.
- Click on the first instance of the player, hold the [Ctrl] key on your keyboard, and then click on the second instance of the player.
- Click the Merge button that appears in the bottom right portion of the screen.
For Temporary Operation
NOTE: If both instances of the player have statistics in Play-by-play games, it will not let you merge them. You will receive a message that says “Both players have stats in Play-by-play games. Please manually edit the play-by-play games so that only one of the players has stats.”
a. Attempt to delete one of the players. It will show you a list of Play-by-play
b. Once you have made a note of the games, open each game individually.
A message may appear stating "Play-by-play not found, opening in box
mode." Click OK.
c. Go to Configure > Rosters and attempt to merge the players again.
NOTE: If both instances of the player have statistics in the same game, it will not let you merge them. You will receive the message, “Both players have stats in the following game. Please manually edit the game so that only one of the players has stats.”
a. Open the game listed in the error message.
b. Go to Game Control > Game Finished so that you may edit statistics.
c. Total the statistics for the two players into just one player.
NOTE: If this is baseball, you will also want to click In Game in the top right of
the screen. If the player is in the list, remove him or her.
d. Go to Game Control > Game Finished to finish the game again.
e. Return to the Configure > Rosters screen and try to merge the players again.
KB ID: DD2610884
DISCLAIMER: Use of this content may void the equipment warranty, please read the disclaimer prior to performing any service of the equipment.
DAKTRONICS DOES NOT PROMISE THAT THE CONTENT PROVIDED HEREIN IS ERROR-FREE OR THAT ANY DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT WILL PROVIDE SPECIFIC RESULTS. THE CONTENT IS DELIVERED ON AN "AS-IS" AND "AS-AVAILABLE" BASIS. ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS ARTICLE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR THE ACTS, OMISSIONS AND CONDUCT OF YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES IN CONNECTION WITH OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT. ADJUSTMENT, REPAIR, OR SERVICE OF THE EQUIPMENT BY ANYONE OTHER THAN DAKTRONICS OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPAIR AGENTS MAY VOID THE EQUIPMENT WARRANTY. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT AND ANY LINKED CONTENT. YOUR SOLE REMEDY AGAINST DAKTRONICS FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE CONTENT IS TO STOP USING THE CONTENT. THIS LIMITATION OF RELIEF IS A PART OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES.
The above disclaimer applies to any property damage, equipment failure, liability, infringement, or personal injury claim arising out of or in any way related to your use or application of the content, whether such claim is for breach of contract, tort, negligence or any other cause of action.