- How to set up monitoring for displays using NovaiCare?
- Product Family: Sender Box
- Product: Nova MCTRL 600, Nova MCTRL 660, NovaStar VX4S, MRV320 Receiving Card, MON300 Monitoring Card
- Components: NovaLCT-Mars with NovaiCare monitoring (optional)
- Control System: World Wide Gold, Limited Compliance Gold, NPP Control using transmit common/open protocol
- This includes but not limited to DVN-4003, Dragon sticks, J Series, U Series, Q Series, JVX, QVN-1000, and ZPN.
- See How to bring the signal to J Series and L Series Displays? for details on how the MRV320 receiving card should be set up. The system will require one MON300 monitoring card per MRV320 receiving card.
Configure the sender box. See: How do I configure a NovaLCT-Mars Sender Box?
The basic diagnostics for the system is at the receiver card level only. If a module level diagnostic is required, then customers may setup the diagnostic monitoring card with the NoviaCare program. This monitoring function covers DVI signal of sending card/box, hardware status, temperature, humidity, smoke, fan, power supply, cabinet, and door status. It is the customer's responsibility to monitor the information in NoviaCare- unless there is a Daktronics NOC service agreement in place.
Install and connect the monitoring cards.
- The MON 300 monitoring card is to be used with the MRV320 receiving card. See the image below for the connection diagram.
- Monitor card connects to the last module in each row of modules via a 16 pin ribbon cable. (There is a hub card connected to the monitor card for the connections.)
- A 16 pin ribbon cable needs to connects back to the receiver card to complete the loop.
- A MHUB 75A hub card is connected to the monitor card. This allows for the 16 pin flat ribbon cable connections. Fans and the cabinet doors can also be connected to the monitor card. See the manufacturer's specifications for the other monitor card connections.
Register the screen of this system into NovaCare server. Follow the steps that are listed here: http://www.novaicare.com/Index/usage
This allows anytime remote monitoring of hardware status through the NovaiCare website or NovaiCare mobile client. Notifications can also be configured to send email hardware fault alerts. It also can be logged into to verify the hardware status of a display.
Configure the Card
- NovaLCT-Mars software, click Monitor to enter the monitoring interface, and click Monitoring Refresh to check hardware status data of all screens of this system. Then click Configuration to perform monitoring configuration.
- Under MonitorSite Settings:
- Check Connect to Monitoring Card and then check Refresh Ribbon Cable.
- If the display has a MTH 310 Sensor (ambient temp sensor), you may also check Refresh Smoke and Refresh Humidity.
Installing NovaStar Control System: configuring monitoring with NoviaCare