How to configure the light sensor for NovaStar controlled displays?
- Product Family: Sender Box
- Product: Nova MCTRL 600, Nova MCTRL 660, NovaStar VX4S, NovaStar brand sender box and receiver cards
- Components: NovaLCT-Mars, light sensor, multi-function card, NovaLCT-Mars
- Control System: Market Standard or Limited Compliance using transmit common/open protocol
- This includes but not limited to DVN-4003, Dragon Sticks, J Series, JVX, NPN-4200/4400, NPN-5200/ 5400, U Series, Q Series, QVN, Z Series, and ZPN.
Configure the Sender Box - How do I configure a NovaLCT-Mars Sender Box?
Install and Configure the multi-function card. -How to Configure the Multi-Function Card for NovaStar controlled displays?
Configure the Brightness preferences.
- Click on the Brightness tile.
- Select Automatically Adjustment and then click the Wizard Settings button.
- Select Adjust by Light sensor and click Next.
- Check the box next to the connected light sensor to enable it.
- Adjust the default brightness percentage when light sensor fails, recommended 3%.
- In the Environment Brightness table, set the configuration as shown below.
- Press Finish to save the settings. This will close out the light sensor configuration.
- Press the Save button. Then Close the brightness adjustment window.
Examples of environmental/screen brightness are listed in the chart below.