- TriCaster is taking several minutes to boot up.
- After booting up, it takes several minutes to launch a Live Desktop session.
- NewTek TriCaster
- Models: 8000, 860, 460, 410, TC-1
- Hard drive is fragmented.
Run a defrag (note: DO NOT perform this during an event or before an event as this can take while - up to several hours depending on amount of files and fragmentation).
Newtek recommends defragging a Tricaster every 60 days to improve performance and regain space.
- Exit out of the Live Desktop (upper left File >> Exit).
- Click on the Back arrow from the Launch Live Desktop screen.
- Click Shutdown and select Admiministrator Mode.
4. Under System Utilities on the bottom left, select Deframent all Drives.