- Received error 17113 when trying to start the SQL Server Nucleus.
- Windows could not start the SQL Server (NUCLEUS) on Local Computer. For more information, review the System Even Log. If this is a non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error code 17113.
- Venus 1500 V4
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005
- The SQL Server is trying to start under a bad Domain with incorrect user credentials.
Step 1: Confirm customer is using SQL Server 2005, and not SQL Server 2008 before proceeding by following: How do I confirm what Microsoft SQL Server is being used by Venus 1500 v4?, DD2438050.
Step 2: Change the SQL Server from Network Service to Local System.
- Click Windows Start Menu.
- Windows XP - Click Run -> type in services.msc -> click Ok
- Windows Vista & 7 - In the Search programs and files -> type Services -> select Services form the filtered selections in the start menu.
- Find the SQL Server (Nucleus), right-click and choose Properties.
- Go to the Log On tab.
- Choose Local System on the Log on as type.
- Click Apply and Ok.
- Right-click the SQL Server (Nucleus) and select Start.